Mid-Level Software Engineer
Execute projects, implement and configure software while interfacing with clients to understand and meet their software needs as the next Mid-Level software engineer sought by a dynamic tech and software solutions provider. You will design, configure, test and support technical solution implementations for clients and assist and coach junior staff. The ideal candidate must have 2-5 years’ suitable work experience including having worked in a project delivery environment, solid SQL and Oracle skills, experience with software product configuration and support and a good understanding and experience of the Software Development process. You must preferably have a BSc/BEng/BCom/BA degree in an IT-related course with a 60% average and A or B pass for Matric Maths HG. Travel may be expected between Cape Town and Joburg offices.
- Implement and configure software to the business design and client’s specific requirements.
- Use ‘low-code’ applications with SQL databases to build integrated and automated back-end processes with web-based UIs.
- Execute projects in a dynamic, collaborative, and iterative fashion - providing ongoing tangible benefit.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients.
- Develop new concepts, approaches and applying best-practice patterns.
- Solution design, build, test, support and improve.
- Configure and test solutions with colleagues.
- Involved with Unit and End-to-end Testing of solutions.
- Deploy solutions to server environments - Dev, QA, Production.
- Provide exceptional production support and ongoing improvement.
- Develop technical designs and documentation.
- Participate in update, design, requirements and feedback sessions.
- Design, configure, test and support technical solution implementations for clients.
- Involved, aware and focussed on project initiatives, goals, commitments, expectations and deadlines.
- Assist and coach junior staff.
- Apply company standards and best practices.
- 2 - 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Solid database experience - SQL, Oracle.
- Software product configuration and support experience.
- Good understanding and experience of the Software Development process.
- Experience working in a project delivery environment.
- B.Sc, B.Eng, B.Com or BA (socio-informatics), degree with IT related subjects as majors. From one of the following universities: UCT, Stellenbosch, Wits, Pretoria, North-West (Potchefstroom campus), Free State, KZN, Nelson Mandela, Johannesburg. With above average results. Guideline is 60% average at university.
- Matric results - A or B for Maths HG.
- Financial services - banking, investment or asset management experience.
- Experience with middleware, ETL or EAI tools.
- Integration, process automation and system/data migration.
- Requirements definition, design, running workshops, configuring solutions, client communication and system documentation.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and public speaking.
- Comfortable using technology and be able to explain it to others.
- Solves problems creatively and efficiently
- Quality focussed.
- Able to manage time well and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Can manage job pressure well.
- Detail focussed as we work with sensitive data and critical business systems.
- Pedantically accurate.
- Ability to communicate very well with different people - interpersonal, written and public speaking.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 16 Nov 15:15, Closing date 16 Dec
087 351 0743