Manager – Procurement
|Remuneration:||R1162715 – R1690336 per year Basic salary|
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Finance • Supply chan management
Manager – Procurement
TCOE salary: Commencing from R1,162,715 – R1,690,336 per annum • Ref No: FIN 42/20
- B degree in Finance, Supply Chain Management, or relevant to the field
- Extensive managerial experience in a supply chain management environment
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Local government legislation, MFMA, SCM practices and Treasury regulations
- At least five (5) years’ working experience with MFMA
- Excellent writing, planning and communication skills
- Ability to motivate teams and work within tight deadlines.
- Managing the Procurement Section by providing leadership on implementation of policies, adherence to accounting, audit and internal control measures and statutory requirements, corporate governance awareness and interfacing with key stakeholders to ensure
- Managing and controlling the tender/request for quotes initiation, specification, evaluation and adjudication processes by compiling RFQ/bid documentation which must comply with the Supply Chain Management Policy and relevant legislation
- Managing SCM compliance, audit and report by generating and analysing monthly and annual commitment reports as well as coordinating processes and facilitating effective solutions and responses to resolve Internal Audit and Auditor-General findings
- Managing specific key performance indicators and measures against outcomes detailed in the departments business and strategic plans
- Controlling annual capital and operational budgets in order to ensure that the expenditure is in line with the City's approved budgeted requirements and SAP transactions.
- Establishing and implementing work procedures, standards and performance outputs for staff and ensuring optimal productivity.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.
Posted on 02 Nov 11:09