Java Software Developer/Cloud Specialist
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
The business is renowned across the world for producing ultimate driving machines.
This is an opportunity to take your Java development career to the next level. You’ll be using cutting edge technologies with a manufacturing business in Pretoria
On top of that you will be involved in the development of backend and frontend user stories and take actively part in all regular Scrum ceremonies as well as contribute to refinement of user stories (user stories at the beginning of a development sprint might not be fully specified)
This role requires someone with a strong technical background to be able to understand the complexity of the existing solutions in place and support them with a high degree of competence
Experience with the following technologies is important:
- At least six years knowledge and experience in Java development including the necessary solution space e.g., Maven including version control (Git)
- Proficiency in UI frameworks e.g., Angular (Version 9 or higher) or React
- Familiarity with Microservices, Cloud Architectures and Container Architectures e.g., Docker
- Experience with Container Orchestration Platforms,
- preferably Azure AKS, or AWS EKS or Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools (e.g., Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitLab, Terraform, Ansible)
- Proficiency with Kafka or other streaming platforms or messaging systems e.g., MQTT
- Experience in data modelling and Database technologies (relational, document, graph, time series, geolocation).
- Experience with testing tools like Karma, Jasmine,
- Postman, Newman, Cypress, Selenium, Junit,
- Robot, Jest
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with backend frameworks like Java EE
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
Reference Number for this position is GZ53661 which is a long-term contract position rotating between Midrand and home office offering a rate of between R760 per hour negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 04 Jan 14:15, Closing date 5 Mar