Head - Debt Management
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
T he City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
Water and waste services. Commercial service. Customer services
Head: debt management
TCOE salary commencing from R1,162,715 to R1,571,939 per annum • Ref no: WS 190/21
- A BTech or degree in financial management or accounting or management
- Honours degree/postgraduate diploma preferable
- CA or similar qualification will be an advantage
- Professional registration with a relevant standard governing body with proof of continuous professional development (CPD) will be desirable
- Up to eight (8) years' relevant experience as per KPAs below, with at least five (5) years management experience
- Advanced computer literacy
- Valid drivers licence.
- Identifying and defining the immediate, short- and long-term objectives related to providing a debt management function for the Water Services Branch to ensure that critical performance indicators are identified, implemented and monitored
- Providing strategic, operational and personnel management
- Managing water debtors to ensure the timeous collection of outstanding water debt through working with the relevant City business units and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken where normal debt collection procedures have failed
- Managing the dunning process and ensure compliance with the dunning process and applicable debt management policies of the City
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Section within a depot environment
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and City policies, Manager Accountability requirements and the system of delegations
- Ensuring that appropriate internal service level agreements within the Branch are established and complied with
- Continuously identifying the need for, and implementing new business processes to ensure the sustainable functioning of the debt management function.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 3 December 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 22 Nov 10:28, Closing date 3 Dec