|Benefits:||Remote first Bookclub subscription Skills development Internet allowance Macbook Pro Share options Steady supply of OfferZen t-shirts Quarterly|
Why is now a good time to join OfferZen?
Over the last 5 years, OfferZen has managed to make a large dent in the South African tech recruitment space – and we're speeding up. Our team has exploded from 4 to 90+. We’re looking to add more smart people who want to contribute meaningfully. We are transparent with our numbers and strategy and have weekly learning sessions where someone in the company presents something they do.
Our mission is to improve the experience of finding work for people involved in making software, from developers to designers and data scientists. OfferZen does that by flipping the traditional recruitment model on its head and getting companies to reach out to candidates with upfront offers.
Our marketplace product squad is responsible for improving the experience and success rate for both candidates and companies in our marketplace, as well as enabling our operational teams to provide an excellent service.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our marketplace product squad as part of our larger product group. Our product squads are cross-functional teams of talented engineers, product managers and designers working together to design and deliver impactful and quality software.
What you’ll do
- Design, test, and ship great frontend code to build impactful new features for users and internal operational teams
- Work with a wide range of systems, stakeholders, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from design to delivery
- Work closely with designers to refine concepts into shippable features
- Uphold and improve our engineering standards and processes
- Debug production issues across services, and help ensure a stable application for the marketplace
- Document feature designs and architectural decisions to support new engineers
- Contribute to the technical and product roadmap
- Minimum of four years experience in software development
- Experience with implementing UI designs in a real-world setting
- Knowledge about UX and applying this in practice
- Experience managing and fetching data on the frontend, either in the form of state management or caching solutions
- Excellent problem solving abilities that combine product design, process and technical aspects
- The ability to clearly articulate solutions for a technical and non-technical audience
- Comfortable working remotely
- Good architectural design skills – understand patterns, algorithm complexity, separation of concerns and component-oriented design
- Room in your closet for numerous free t-shirts
We love to do fun stuff together . We are focused on building a connected tribe and a sense of belonging. We value unique and diverse approaches and ensure we create opportunities to share and learn from each other. We have regular online events, show and tells and a book club as well as regional and annual off-site events.
We're dedicated to authenticity: We treat people as people, caring personally and speaking openly. We foster low-ego behaviour - we own our mistakes as well as our victories. We're never about blame. We're always about honesty, learning and continuous improvement. We ensure lots of transparency and visibility. From OKRs and strategy to analytics and company performance numbers, it's all available for you to see and understand.
We're passionate about learning and levelling up: Everyone at OfferZen strives for a growth mindset. We read books, listen to podcasts, share expertise obsessively, then take on hard challenges with smart guidance and support. When things go wrong, we look for the learning and how to improve.
We’re all about balance: We believe that maintaining a healthy balance between home and work is the key to feeling happier and more productive. This is where remote work and flexibility come in. We also offer 20 days of leave a year which are available to use from the time you start.
- Empathy Can't Be Automated: Solving Complex Problems in a Tech Marketplace. This article gives more insight into the world of tech marketplace advisors and what they do.
- One of the Tech Talent Advisors, wrote about her experience of working at OfferZen on our blog.
Posted on 25 May 11:46