|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Job descriptionOur Finance Team is looking for a trustworthy, innovative and passionate maternity cover for a Financial Manager who is able to assist with technical accounting, management reporting, audit completion and the preparation of financial statements.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to align with the company culture, work well within a team, be self-motivated and actively involved in overseeing the end to end process in the applicable area of responsibility. In addition, the successful candidate should have the high energy levels required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and complete reporting in the Annual Financial Statements and management accounts, including the Group consolidations. This is done through a combined role of review and feedback as well as preparing reporting.
- Assist other team members with any technical accounting queries they may have, ensuring they gain learning from the interaction in order to support their own professional development.
- Prepare technical accounting position papers and assist with the roll-out of new accounting standards.
- Determine the requirement for and the value of technical accounting journals.
- Assist in preparing month-end and year-end financial accounts and reports.
- Assist in accumulating and analysing information needed to ensure the requirements for these reports are met and information is ready on time.
- Assist with the year-end audit as required.
Assist in interrogating GL accounts on the instruction of the CFO This will include:
- Interrogating and reconciling SAGE and merchandising data
- Collaborating with non-finance team members to better understand the data and their needs for it.
- Prepare user friendly reports according to the needs of users
- When required explain the reports to other team members.
- Suggest accounting journals based on the interrogation (where required)
- Prepare store finance models.
- Report on budget vs actual performance, providing commentary and examples when required for the fluctuations.
- Assist in the preparation of Income tax calculations.
- Review the monthly VAT calculations and submissions.
Key Focus Areas:
- Accurate preparation of management accounts and reporting
- Actively contribute to the development and growth of other team members
- Preparation and implementation of technical accounting papers and presentations
- Manage the process surrounding the preparation of the annual financial statements, including a consolidation.
- Support the external audit process.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified CA(SA)
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Should show an aptitude for mastering new IT systems.
- Good articulation with excellent English written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage their own time
- Strong communication skills
- Able to play a role in developing junior team members
- Be able to work well in a team and collaborate with others
- Methodical, detail-orientated and accurate
- Deadline and outcomes focused
- Ability to prioritize, manage your time, maintain high levels of drive & initiative while under pressure
- Ability to resolve problems and conflict
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Strong planning, organizing and coordinating skills
Posted on 01 Mar 15:01