An exciting career opportunity exists in Cape Town for a Desktop Team Leader
within IT. If you have the following behavioural competency and experience, we look forward to receiving your application.
The provision of proactive management of a 24×7 Desktop Team. The role will take an influential lead in managing change and the implementation/development of an end user compute technical support team, based on ITIL concepts.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Desktop Team consisting of between 12 team members
• Monitors daily operations of the team
• Possess reasonable technical skills to be the escalation point for technical support issues where the team require assistance and/or guidance to resolve incidents.
• Proactive management of the Desktop Team
• Implement methodologies to improve mean time to resolve, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships.
• Working within the existing technology, identify ongoing training and other resources to maximize desktop support effectiveness.
• Build a qualified desktop team through innovative hiring and training techniques.
• Implement effective staffing and scheduling models for guaranteed coverage at the lowest possible costs.
• Develop a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction.
• Analyse engineer performance through various statistical and reporting methods.
• Market the image of the Desktop Team as a support group ‘showcase’ that advances the IT vision and strategy.
• Effectively manage escalations.
• Experienced within the ITIL delivery framework.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in working within a desktop support team.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and verbal.
• Ability to perform well under pressure.
• Ability to facilitate multi-departmental functions, to achieve necessary success.
• Ability to compile and analyse data.
• Willingness to be a member of a dedicated team showing eagerness to drive forward.
• Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in working within a technical desktop environment.
• Familiar/qualification with ITIL fundamentals
• Degree or Diploma in IT or similar is preferred
• MCDE or MCSE
• Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience in a Technical Desktop environment
• Minimum of 2-years’ experience in a Team Leader position
• Has in the IT outsourcing environment before with proven leadership skills
Salary: Market Related
Closing date: 22 September 2020
To apply for the above-mentioned position please send your CV to [email protected]
If you don’t hear from us within 3 weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful