|Remuneration:||R700000 - R800000 per year cost-to-company|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionAre you looking for a change? Want to work with the leading minds in the online and digital world where you will do all things data, work alongside data engineers sharing their knowledge? Keep reading. A multimedia company of choice that has won numerous awards is looking for a data scientist, able to identify opportunities to innovatively use data to provide strategic and operational insights to business, identify new analytic trends/data needs and repeatable analytic solutions.
The role requires a skilled and strategic thinker in the data science space to be able to implement corrective action on the analysed data and reports provided and follow the appropriate processes to ensure quick and correct action is taken in query resolution. Do you have the know-how to action this? Do you have your own ideas and good experience in this type of position? This is really the chance for you to take your career to the next step. Apply now.
- Degree in business and quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science with an emphasis in statistics)
- Four to six years of relevant data experience and experience building segmentation and propensity models
- Statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling, forecasting, and business strategy skills
- Able to build the necessary algorithms to ask the right questions and find the right answers
- Able to communicate their findings, orally and visually
- Have an understanding of how the products are developed and the ethical responsibilities associated with big data and customer privacy implications
- Understand how to integrate multiple systems and data sets - need to be able to link and mash up distinctive data sets to discover new insights
- Able to program in different programming languages e.g. Python, R, Java, Ruby, Clojure, Matlab, Pig or SQL
- Have an understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce, etc.
- Experience with machine learning and AI is an added advantage
- Proficiency in working with visualisation tools e.g., R Shiny, Tableau, etc.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals! https://www.emerge.co.za/careers/referralprogramme/
Posted on 10 Jun 12:57, Closing date 9 Aug