|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionNinety9cents is a full-service, integrated advertising agency located in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently owned agencies. Led by founder and Managing Director Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA, Spur Group, Capitec and Distell, to name but a few.
RequirementsThe Creative Editor role is a unique position pioneered by Ninety9cents Communications. As a Creative Editor, you will need to familiarise yourself extremely well with the Brand’s CI. One of the core roles as a Creative Editor is to fine-tune and finesse Creative Concept work before it is placed on the specific Brand’s Brand Bible for use by the DTP department. This includes full campaign roll-outs into a multitude of different template sizes for ROPs and leaflets. As a Creative Editor, you will also be required to do Creative work that will usually run in line with the Brand’s print-based campaigns.
Creative Editors play an important role in helping to manage the flow of work between Creative and DTP; and making sure that all print-based templates are correct as per the approved creative, following all necessary Brand CI regulations. The above relays the core responsibilities of a Creative Editor, but as a Creative Editor, your role and future in the department will be determined by your own strengths. Each Creative Editor across the different brands has a unique part to play and performs different individual roles. The responsibilities you will gain, as you progress in your role, will be determined by your understanding of the Brand and duties that need to be performed with confidence, respect and in a highly professional manner.
Minimum Relevant Experience required:
- A background in print and layout design.
- Any previous experience in retail advertising would be advantageous.
- Attention to detail is a must !
- Must be proficient and have a good understanding of Indesign.
- Must be proficient with Photoshop.
- To have an understanding of Illustrator will also be advantageous.
- Must be punctual!
- Must take pride in yourself and your work.
- Have a passionate and committed personality towards work.
- Problem-solving skills and remaining cool under pressure is a must !
- Degree or diploma in graphic design from an accredited institution.
Posted on 14 May 13:59