CFA/CA Strategic Financial Analyst
|Location:||Johannesburg, Cape Town|
Job descriptionOne of our Nomad Now clients, a JSE listed financial services group, is seeking a strategic financial analyst who is a nearly qualified actuary/qualified CA/CFA with three to five years’ experience.
- Nearly qualified actuary/qualified CA/CFA with three to five years’ experience
- Experience engaging with diverse stakeholders
- Life insurance experience is advantageous
- Provide commercial insight and analysis of business performance, identifying underlying trends and challenging the business performance.
- Support the strategic planning and strategic initiatives of the group by providing financial planning and modelling skills
- Assist in financial forecasting by interrogating current revenue and expense projects to assess viability, reasonability and inherent risks
- Support the expense management function to develop and manage expense management and allocation methodologies and drive efficiencies across the group
- Make recommendations that highlight the risks, confidence rating and the impact of variables on business results and advise business
- Create visualisation of the insights identified from the financial analysis to assist business decision making
- Analyse the financial results of key competitors to understand the implications of their strategies and potential implications for the segment
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and insight on specific issues, such as investor relations, financial modelling, industry and competitor analysis, business plans around merger and acquisition activities and large-scale organic investments
Posted on 20 Oct 08:35