Senior QA Engineer
|Location:||Cape Town, Claremont|
A dynamic fund management firm seeks a highly meticulous Senior QA Engineer whose passionate about finding innovative ways to ensure effective automation of quality assurance testing. Your core role will be to develop, document, execute test plans & test cases as well as generate and maintain automation scripts. You will be responsible for testing and related duties operating on a Software Development team while also documenting and tracking software bugs identified through testing. The successful candidate must possess a suitable Degree/Diploma, 8+ years’ experience in a similar role having operated in the Asset Management space and have rolled out QA practices and maturing a Dev environment. You must be proficient n HTML, CSS, SQL, Web Services, APIs, be able to test Financial products and websites and able to develop test plans and cases using business requirements and in an Agile Development environment.
- Develop and document test plans, test cases, SQL scripts and automation scripts based on user requirements, condition data as required.
- Document and execute Regression, Functional, and Integration Tests.
- Document and track software failures using JIRA and/or similar tools.
- Work with Developers and QA team members to resolve outstanding bugs.
- Support ongoing work to automate and document QA Regression Testing.
- Identify applicable and implement frameworks such as BDD and TDD.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.
- 8+ years’ experience as a QA Engineer.
- Operating in the Asset Management space.
- Rolling out QA practices and maturing a development environment.
- Knowledge of Front-end development technologies and tools e.g., HTML, CSS etc.
- Knowledge of database query languages e.g., SQL.
- Knowledge of Digital / Web applications and Web Services e.g., APIs.
- Ability to interact with the Development team to identify and resolve bugs.
- Able to develop test plans and cases using business requirements and in an Agile Development environment.
- Understanding of financial markets and financial systems.
- Experience testing Financial products and websites.
- Passionate about great user experiences.
- Knowledgeable about testing methodologies.
- Detail-oriented, and not willing to say "OK" until something meets your standards.
- A great team player, able to interact easily with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Full of ideas about how to make your life easier through effective automation of quality assurance testing.
- Ability to work under pressure, time management and to be able to multitask multiple projects.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 12 Jan 15:07, Closing date 11 Feb
087 351 0743