A world class and leading producer of stainless steel products is seeking to appoint a Mechanical Project Engineer to their dynamic team.
- Minimum qualification of S4/T3 in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of experience in the metals manufacturing industry: furnaces, hot and cold rolling and other heavy engineering industries
- B Eng, B Tech, in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in a project engineering and management position in the metals manufacturing or consulting industry: furnaces, hot and cold rolling and other heavy engineering industries
- Legal compliance training and experience in terms of the OSHACT
- Management or Project management qualification will be an advantage
- Computer literate
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet work deadlines with attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Feasibility Studies and make recommendations and then implement approved projects: Engineer, Cost, Procure, Manage and Implement Capital Projects relating to a wide range of technologies and applications utilizing suitable companies with a focus on civil, structural and mechanical disciplines and Project Management of a complete project.
- Feasibilities: Define the problem, identify possible solutions, analyze the technology, evaluate the options and make recommendations including return on investment calculations.
- Project and scope specification
- Compile Enquiry, conduct Site visit and adjudicate Bids.
- Clarification meetings
- Place orders and compile contracts
- Project Implementation and Contract Management
- Legal Compliance
- Commissioning and performance testing
- Documentation and close out
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within two weeks.