Java Spring Developer
|Remuneration:||R600000 – R650000 per year Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, Somerset West|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionSA’s global technology solutions provider focusing on customs and border management is on the hunt for a Java developer to join their highly-skilled team of developers based in Somerset West. The work contains a portion of support and refactoring of the existing code as well as new development to extend it for new functionality and add extra integration points.
You will be required to develop functionality for a JEE (J2EE) based product. You must have a good understanding of the SDLC process, tools and techniques specifically as applied to software development methodology and the ability to deliver production quality software
This is a role for a technologist that has a passion for learning and understanding the broader technical and implementation approached in the software development domain. Don’t Miss Out, apply now!
- At least four years' relevant experience as a back-end developer as part of a team in a software development environment
- JEE (J2EE) server side technologies
- Java 6 and 8
- Spring framework (preferably Spring 4)
- Experience with an application server (Oracle WebLogic – preferable)
- Integration experience (Web services, JMS – nice to have)
- JAXB and XML Schema
- Maven, Ant, Grunt
- SQL and experience with a relational database (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2)
- AngularJS, Bootstrap, CSS3, HTML5
- Swing and AWT
- Support existing and develop new functionality and components
- Define and formalise architectures for new or changed SW components or sub-systems within the context of the business overall technology strategy and reference (company) architectures
- Collaborate with business development team to evaluate emerging technologies to maintain a clear technology strategy for the project implementation
- Evaluate and improve application performance, and high availability features
- Create unit and integrated system tests to show that the developed functionality works as intended
- Create technical documentation that explains how the various components of the system work and how to use them
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 07 Jul 15:21