Java Developer - EE
|Location:||Cape Town, Somerset West|
A cutting-edge Technology company requires your 6yrs+ exp using Java 7, Hibernate, SQL, Spring 4 (Batch, JPA, Security), AngularJS, Jenkins, Maven in addition HTML5, CSS, REST and JSON to take ownership of the Java Developer role and develop functionality for a JEE (J2EE) based product. The backend is a service-oriented Spring based application. It provides a service layer for different user channels ranging from web clients, rich clients and batch users integrating via JMS and Web Services. The work contains a portion of support and refactoring of the existing code as well as new development to extend it for new functionality and add extra integration points.
- Support existing and develop new functionality and components.
- Understand existing product and domain elements and work with business analysts to refine and implement new requirements.
- Refactor and improve the code to keep the product maintainable and adaptable to new requirements.
- Evaluate and improve application performance, and high availability features.
- Create unit and integrated system tests.
- Create technical documentation to support developed components through their lifecycles.
- Do root cause analysis on bugs to find and fix the cause of a problem in an integrated system.
- Work effectively in a team environment, actively collaborating to improve software development processes and standards.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Information Sciences.
- A strong knowledge of Java essential.
- At least 6+ years relevant experience as a back-end developer in multi-tier Java application development.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate on a common (UML) design model.
- A thorough understanding of SDLC processes, tools and techniques.
- Experience with team development tools: Use of source control applications (preferably Subversion); Use of a UML tool for documentation.
Experience of the following technologies:
- JEE (J2EE) server-side technologies, EJB’s and RESTful Services
- Spring framework (preferable)
- JPA /Hibernate
- Experience with an application server (i.e., Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic)
- Integration experience (Web services, JMS - nice to have)
- JAXB and XML Schema
- SQL and experience with a relational database (i.e., Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2)
- Ability to deliver production quality software by e.g., paying attention to detail, do extensive unit testing and support quality testing phases.
Knowledge and experience of the following would be a plus:
- Business process/workflow layers e.g., JBPM, BPEL
- Rule’s engines (i.e., drools)
- Design patterns
- Continuous integration tools (i.e., Hudson, Jenkins)
- Self-starter, self-motivated, team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 21 Jun 15:22
087 351 0743