Our client is a dynamic IT company that delivers value-driven IT solutions to the group. Our work lives revolve around our DNA. We take pride in our work, treat our colleagues, partners and our country with respect. We exercise collaborative decision-making and believe in having a balance in life. We do this all while having fun and enjoying what we do.
The primary focus of this position is to use technical skills to put software, systems and data together in a way that extracts meaningful insights from raw data. You will need to be helpful and supportive to your team and fellow developers. You join an energetic, focused and dynamic team.
• Interact with clients to understand requirements and business problems/needs
• Identify, analyse, visualise and understand supporting data to propose solid solutions
• Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
• Support existing solutions within GCP and Oracle
• Doing standby on a rotating basis Key Competencies and Qualifications
• Tertiary qualification in IT
• Preferred cloud experience in AWS/AZURE/GCP
• At least 3 years of data warehouse ETL experience
• Dimensional Modelling
• Data analyses
• Experience with data visualization and visualization tool(s)
• Knowledge of the retail industry will be beneficial
• Understanding and experience with version control SVN/GIT
• Preferred Korn shell scripting, Python/Java, SQL
• Google Cloud Platform experience would be looked upon favourably
• Having a broad understanding of different SDLCs
• Preferred agile experience Strengths
• The natural tendency to take ownership and responsibility
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, effective planning and organisational skills
• Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
• You have a can-do attitude and positive outlook on life
• Can cope under pressure
• Curious and interested in analysing problems and possible solutions
• Strong team player
• Self-driven learner, passionate about new technology
• Above all, be passionate about what you do Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201620 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.
Job Reference #: 201620