Senior Java Developer
|Remuneration:||R800000 – R840000 per year Cost to company|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionWe are on the hunt for a full-stack developer who is strong on Spring and Java. As this is a senior role, the individual will be expected to coach junior developers in the team and provide technical direction, where needed. The individual will need to be well versed in the tech stack as per the requirements and needs to know systems development from the front and back-end.
The business is a well-established product house and has a vibrant team. In addition to this as the business is pressurized the incumbent will need to persevere through adversity and recover quickly from setbacks.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a person who is self-driven, takes initiatives and has a structured way of thinking, someone who enjoys pressure and doesn’t crumble under challenges!
- A minimum of six or more years of Java systems development experience with exposure to core technical skills and technologies listed
- Java EE knowledge and experience
- Language – Java 6,7 and 8 /J2EE Pattern knowledge
- Databases – Oracle, (Postgres, MySQL or DB2 also fine)
- Frameworks – Spring Framework (Hibernate)
- Test Tools – TDD JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber (Cobertura, Jococo, etc. is a plus)
- Code repository – GIT, BITBUCKET (SVN also fine)
- Front-end framework – Bootstrap, Angular (css, jsp, jsf, html5, etc.)
- Application Servers – Weblogic, JBoss Application Server
- Build automation tool – Maven (or Gradle)
- Web Services – REST and SOAP
- Automated testing Framework – Bobcat (any framework/experience will do)
- Knowledge of commonly used design patterns
- Broad understanding of how to put together an EE-based business solution from scratch
- Excellent understanding of Object Orientated principals and Java language fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Software development within SDLC, Unit Testing, Data modelling and design of database structures
- Containerisation technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Distributed caching (Hazelcast, etc.)
- DevOps/CI tools (Jenkins, SonarQube, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Monitoring/reporting tools (Splunk, Dynatrace, Elastic search, etc.)
- Design and implement robust, scalable and optimally performing systems using java related technologies, according to provided specifications, standards and procedures, while ensuring compliance with the architectural standards and guidelines laid out by the business
- This includes finding effective software solutions to technical issues and ensuring that the application performs the functions as required by business
- BSc computer sciences/information systems or equivalent IT tertiary qualification
- Formal Java qualification (advantageous)
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 06 Jul 10:57