Junior - Mid Business Analyst
A strategic-thinking Junior – Mid Business Analyst is sought by a dynamic company at the forefront of Intelligent Process Automation (IPA), Digitization and Virtual agents. Your core role will be to effectively manage the gathering and analysis of business requirements from users. You will also be expected to negotiate and agree on business requirements with project sponsors and communicate these to the Development and QA teams, playing a key role in aiding the SPO team to manage projects. The ideal candidate requires a suitable Degree/Diploma with a BA Certification, 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar role, Software Development Life Cycle experience, including Testing methodologies & solid documentation experience and stakeholder management experience in a corporate setting. Must have passed Core Maths in high school. The role is hybrid with at least 2 days expected in office.
Analyse and Design new and enhanced business processes –
- Establish and clarify user requirements and ensure that requirements are accurately specified for projects and change requests.
- Prepare requirements documentation (BRS) and ensure that they are signed-off by the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure functional specifications are developed to support the business requirements (either developed by this person, or co-ordinate and signoff of these specifications if developed by a vendor).
Integration with development teams to ensure effective delivery of user requirements -
- Review and approve system design specifications.
- Ensure that the development team delivers the solutions according to specification.
Ensure effective testing –
- Ensure test team understands the full business requirement before handing over to the test team.
- Assist the test team when communicating with external partners and vendors.
- Ensure correct resolution for the defects raised (from opening the defect to closing it).
- Ensure that the critical business scenarios are tested to meet the specifications.
- Once the project is completed, ensure that the centralised process flows are kept up-to-date and are continuously improved where necessary.
- Ensure effective facilitation of business meetings, ensuring clear decisions are taken and decisions and actions are clearly and accurately minuted.
- Provide end-to-end project co-ordination for mini projects (effective co-ordination of resources and activities to meet agreed timelines for the project).
Provide effective leadership -
- Build effective and confident relationships with stakeholders (business, ICT and vendors).
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and identify opportunities for business improvement.
- Provide clear and timeous feedback, and effectively manage business expectations.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.
- Relevant certification in Business Analysis.
- Must have passed Core Maths in high school.
- 2-3 Years’ Business Analysis work experience.
- Good documentation experience and stakeholder management experience in a corporate setting.
- Software Development Life Cycle experience, including Testing methodologies.
- An understanding of application development, database and system design will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal, written and facilitation communication skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Team player.
- Motivated with good interpersonal skills.
- Analytical with the ability to make good insightful decisions.
- Ability to cultivate and sustain good working relationships.
- Able to influence appropriately.
- Attention to detail.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 13 May 13:33, Closing date 12 Jun