Volt Africa has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Designer who will oversee delivery of creative output across the Brand/UX, Social and Video teams, with input from the Technology, Editorial and Commercial business units.
- Implementation of production processes for creative teams (design, social, video)
- Conceptualise original campaigns and design ideas that are responsive, user-friendly and engaging
- Present and defend concepts to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Oversee or produce visual designs and templates for digital products – websites, apps and more
- Oversee Independent Media’s portfolio of brands – newspaper title and digital product brands
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Design of online advertising collateral – animated banners, takeover campaigns and more
- Establish, promote and maintain design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Mentor and support junior members of the creative team
- Assist with training and workshops
The applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 7 years experience in the digital media and/or agency environment.
- Qualification or equivalent experience in graphic / digital design
- Strong digital and social design skills
- The ability to supervise and manage creative content from idea to delivery
- To develop a working culture that promotes the growth of creatives
- To refine studio processes of digital design, video production, content and campaign creation including social and media strategies
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Magnificent presentation and written communication skills; you’re a whiz at PowerPoint
- Familiar with Effective Measure, Chartbeat, Narrative, etc.
- Knowledgeable in Google Adwords and other Paid media platforms
- Knowledgeable in Design Thinking methodologies
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Good organizational skills
- Self – motivated and able to work under pressure
- Applicant should have good analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
Volt Africa is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action strategy.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV to:
Human Resources Department
P O BOX 56
Email: [email protected]
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.