Windows Server Systems Administrator
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
One of South Africa’s leading financial services providers with a listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange is looking to employ the talents of a Windows Server Systems Administrator.
This Windows Wizard will need to handle the management of the Windows Server Engineers and environment ensuring optimal server performance and system availability. Leadership is required for this role as they will assume responsibility for the strategy, planning, operational support and delivery of Windows Server technologies for this service providers enterprise.
Looking for new challenges and growth in today’s competitive marketplace can be hard. Do not Miss out on this opportunity. Apply Now!
- Relevant Microsoft Server certifications
- Cloud experience, certifications and knowledge (Advantageous)
- Security experience, certifications and knowledge on Windows server platforms (Advantageous)
- ITIL (Advantageous)
- Relevant tertiary qualification will be advantageous.
- Seven years Windows server operating systems experience
- Four to sixrs team management experience
- Storage and Network experience in context of operating systems
- RACI and RCA experience for P1/P2 incidents
- Disaster Recovery Experience
- Project Management skills to oversee the implementation of projects.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting system level problems including server failure, OS and network connectivity into Server environment.
- Broad understanding (Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, Networking, Laas Etc.)
- Responsible for management of Microsoft server system environment (2500+)
- Direct & develop the team towards deep engineering on well architected frameworks focusing on stability, security, performance & automation of operations and management of the environment.
- Direct & develop strategy toward architecture and design of server environment within private and public cloud environments.
- Ensure all Windows Server environments are being properly monitored, secured, patched, and backed up.
- Evaluate and recommend tools for best management of Server environment.
- Project Management for design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Systems.
- Work closely with Applications Team & business units for capacity planning of compute and storage environments.
- Manage the disaster recovery leveraging multiple Data Centres and Cloud.
Reference Number for this position is NN52480 which is a permanent position based in Centurion offering a cost to company salary of R1.3m per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 10 Mar 10:44
011 463 3633