TechOps Engineer - SQL Dev
|Location:||Cape Town, Rondebosch|
A dynamic and innovative payment gateway platform seeks a rigidly flexible and highly skilled techops engineer to be responsible for the control and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal performance and operation. The ideal candidate must have Grade 12 / Matric with 4+ years’ TechOps / IT experience for a tech-focused company with a strong understanding of the e-commerce/payment industry. You must also have hands-on technical skills and be able to recognize the value and scalability of systems and be able to contribute to coding and architecture.
- System troubleshooting, implementing the required updates to system data, configurations, and applications to ensure maximum system uptime.
- Follow and enforce deployment, change control procedures for any operational emergency or updates.
- Monitor system scheduled jobs, alert operational teams and remediate failures. Systems include but not limited to Host Monitor, SQL Agent.
- Conduct scheduled and random systems checks.
- Conduct assessments to identify operational limitations and to initiate steps necessary for improved processes.
- Improve the reliability and resilience of the infrastructure through root-cause analysis and review gaps in designs and implementations.
- Develop, document, and enforce system monitoring and alerting standards for all platforms through automation via scripting and applications.
- Be available for afterhours and weekend systems support; schedule to be arranged with your manager.
- Due to the fluid and dynamic environment new, additional, or changed position responsibilities will occur. Successful demonstration of change orientation is an on-going responsibility in all positions.
- Matric / Grade 12 is essential
- Tertiary qualification advantageous.
- 4+ Years' experience in TechOps/IT for a technology-focused company.
- A good understanding and knowledge of the e-Commerce/Payment industry.
- Strong hands-on technical skills and can contribute to coding and architecture.
- A self-starter who feels comfortable assuming responsibility for evaluating solutions and driving implementation forward with little guidance.
- You recognise the value of performance, reliability, and scalability of systems.
- Rigidly flexible; comfortable with a dynamic, unstructured, and fast-paced mission.
- Able to prioritize there will be more work to do that should be done than can be done.
- Enthusiastic for the team and for the mission.
- Humble, Hungry, and Smart, with an emphasis on Hungry.
- You are experienced in leading through influence.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 05 Jan 11:57, Closing date 4 Feb
087 351 0743