|Remuneration:||R550000 – R600000 per year Cost to company|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionA great new role has presented itself at a leading insurance division of on one of the country’s top banks. A high degree of career advancement is on offer as well as great benefits including 25+ days annual leave, discounted staff rates on loans and more.
Analysing of business requirements to plan system and configuration changes, providing system capabilities required for the development and installation of new systems or modification of existing systems. Manages the full lifecycle of development and configuration changes from requirements to analysis and documentation to configuring the systems to implementation and migration support.
Provides input to the Insurance system capability investigations and provide consulting to the Insurance during feasibility investigations. Evaluates factors such as the number of departments to be serviced, reporting formats, the volume of transactions, time requirements, cost constraints and the need for security and access to the affected systems. Required to provide input into departmental operations (process improvement initiatives).
This role also includes giving architectural and system guidance to the developers/programmers to develop/configure effective solutions. In need, this role also will actually develop/configure on various systems of the business.
- Five+ years of software development experience of which at least two years of design experience
- Preferred languages and tools – Teleforms/Mapper/Net c#/Webservices
- In addition, the candidate must have great problem solving and delivery orientated skills, and must be a self-starter
- Technical knowledge in Insurance systems will be advantageous
- Data analysis
- Decision-making process
- Industry trends
- Information technology concepts
- IT data structures
- IT infrastructure architecture
- Joint application development
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant design tools
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Systems analysis and design
- Systems development (analysis, documentation, execution, testing and migration;
- Demonstrate an understanding of information systems analysis;
- Apply information gathering techniques for computer system development;
- Analyse business requirements using structured system analysis techniques (UML/OO);
- Design (requirements) documentation for a computer application;
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer software development;
- Strong experience in system configuration and development;
- Apply the principles of designing and conducting tests for a computer application;
- Apply the principles of reviewing and supporting an implemented computer application;
- Reviews design to check that all user requirements are met;
- Candidate must have a firm understanding of different database models and technologies;
- Also need to understand T-SQL queries, analyse these and implement performance enhancements;
- Insurance systems capability improvement: Execute investigations into improving the insurance’s system capabilities (policy admin and claims);
- User engagement: Build client relationships;
- Assist business in achieving their business goals through projects, support and maintenance;
- Managing the production environment to ensure a stable environment to the business;
- Communication: Listen to gain information in an interactive situation;
- Present ideas and information orally to a specific audience;
- Present and defend an argument orally;
- Participate in formal meetings;
- Analyse feedback contexts and apply constructive feedback techniques;
- Listen and respond to information received;
- Conduct formal meetings;
- Architecture: Provide architectural and system inputs.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, programming, or a related field
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency that offers our candidates options so that we can place the right people, with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 19 Feb 14:01