Solutions Architect - Mobile App
Lead and support project solutions requirements and help build out the technical roadmap as your expertise as a Solutions Architect (Mobile App) is sought by a growing and reputable retail group to join its team. You will be expected to define solutions for the Online/App and Enterprise Architecture in support of the business strategy. The successful incumbent will require a suitable 3-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification, a relevant Architecture Certification and be ISTQB Certified. You must have 3 years' experience in a similar role with a focus on digital and have experience in a Mobile App environment, working knowledge of iOS, Android, Micro Focus ALM Products - Use of Quality Centre, Microservices, Mobile Automation, SoapUI, Objective-C, Java, HTML, as well as XML and JSON feeds and Jira.
- Define solutions for the Online/App and Enterprise Architecture in support of the business strategy.
- Proactively identify business risks and mitigations, based on the Enterprise Architecture principles and guidelines
- Proactively define and support the Architecture landscape, in partnership with the business and Vendor Architects to ensure governance is adhered to.
- Proactively identify, mobilise and deliver IT opportunities for continuous improvements, as input to the IT Operating Plan.
- Contribute to the development of IT Online/APP and Enterprise Architecture frameworks and methodologies.
- Contribute to develop and maintain components of the IT Enterprise Architecture functions of Architecture Governance, IT Portfolio Planning, Business Enablement (Online/APP) and Functional Management.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders across IT and Business.
- Collaborate with IT counterparts from Project- and Technical Management to deliver Solutions Architecture for Strategic Projects and Operating Plan initiatives impacting business and third-party services.
- Lead and Support project solution requirements by ensuring engagement and alignment across the IT Landscape.
- Actively participate in, and promote a working group culture across IT, Business and Enterprise Architecture functions.
- Provide a Technical Lead/Solution Architecture role in Online/APP and business transformation-related projects.
- Work with the Technical Management structures within Online/APP to build out the technical roadmap to meet business demand and scale requirements.
- Relevant three-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification.
- Relevant Architecture Certification.
- ISTQB Certified.
- At least three years' experience in a Solution Architecture capacity with focus on digital.
- Must have played a solution architect role in a Mobile APP environment.
- Experience in working with Agile Delivery Frameworks.
- Engineering technical solutions aligned to roadmap by defining and implementing the design, build and architect for the solutions.
- Working knowledge of mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android.
- Experience in Micro Focus ALM Products - Use of Quality Centre.
- Understanding of Microservices.
- Understanding of Automation, Mobile Automation, SoapUI.
- Working with a variety of databases and coding programs, such as Objective-C, Java, HTML, as well as XML and JSON feeds.
- Understanding of modern development methodologies, Agile, DevOps, Scrum.
- Experience in Defect Management Life Cycle.
- Jira knowledge essential.
- Experience in retail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Responsive to external influences (positive or negative) on the organisation
- Supports the development of business acumen of team through knowledge sharing and upskilling.
- Factors in retail models and levers in building an effective IT landscape.
- Develops retail acumen of team through knowledge sharing and upskilling.
- Makes sound technical decisions based on understanding of what is commercially achievable within technological constraints.
- Evaluates the applicability of solutions with the ability to challenge and
Posted on 22 Jun 18:19, Closing date 22 Jul
087 351 0743