|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionOur client is looking for a solutions architect to join their IT architecture team. The successful candidate will be responsible to conduct an analysis and design sustainable, scalable solutions for future initiatives based on the business requirements whilst overseeing the development and implementation aligned to the group strategy.
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies
- Analyse enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements
- Analyse the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement as per the defined project
- Research and analyse technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Exhibition of the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results to stakeholders
- Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise
- Design and lead the implementation of a solution architecture, based on enterprise business requirements and IT strategies
- Provide input into the current processes and procedures surrounding the governance activities associated with solution architecture
- Develop a roadmap of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state
- Coordinate solution architecture implementation and modification activities
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations
- Consult on application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs
- Identify the organisational impact for example, on skills, processes, structures, culture, etc. and financial impact of the solution architecture
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work and handover to the development team
- Quality assure all solutions developed as per assigned specifications
- Closely collaborate with the project management office (PMO) to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study
- Architecture: Enterprise architecture design, object-oriented design, design patterns, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Business skills: Requirements gathering and analysis, business process improvement, managing vendors and clients
- Technologies: Java, J2EE, PL/SQL, MS.net platform. (Preferable IBM Portal, IIB and BPM technologies ), Web Service experience (Rest, SOAP)
- Database: SQL Server, DB2
- Web/application server: Apache, Tomcat, IIS, IBM WebSphere on Windows and Linux or AIX platform
- Five to seven years of experience in at least two IT disciplines in a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems
- Understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate the political waters
- Two years of iServer experience (advantageous)
Reference Number for this position is DM 40134 which is a Permanent position based in Johannesburg CBD offering a salary is negotiable on experience.
The time for change is now ! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates. Email Dominic on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Check out our website www.e-merge.co.za for more positions that might be right for you!
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay big cash to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within two weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
Posted on 09 Jun 14:55