Senior UX Designer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban|
|Company:||VMLY&R South Africa|
Job descriptionWe are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our user experience team.
UX designers at VMLY&R South Africa develop the full user experience, the flow and the information architecture for all websites and systems, mobile apps and integrated campaigns. They ensure that we not only improve the lives of user’s through intuitive usability, but that we innovate the entire experience to give customers the best results possible. They then turn these ideas and strategies into clearly scoped, spec’d and deliverable briefs to agile development teams.
The chosen designer will need to work within multi-disciplinary teams made up of strategists, UI designers, and developers working across the company. We believe in testing, iteration, work of the highest quality and standards. We are looking for someone who can talk the talk and have a proven track record that they can do the work as well.
You need to be able to work strategically and independently. You should be able to gather and define requirements through workshop facilitation, research and have a good grasp of process and feasibility. In addition, high touch on customer experience and service design is needed, as we serve various clients in an advisory role for business transformation and experience enhancement.
Collaborate with natives, clients, and third parties to ensure that your experience design:
- Articulates the business needs and delivers to these outcomes in a way in which both business and customers win
- Represents the best outcome for users by:
- Researching user needs - conducting usability testing, consulting data and existing research, and leveraging best practice
- Developing user personas, journeys and interaction models
- Creating flow diagrams, wireframes and storyboards that are easily understood by both clients and teams
- Is easily understood and executed by development teams in agile sprints. You will be the voice of the customer in these sprints and work closely with business, graphic designers, content specialists and the tech teams.
- As a senior UX designer, you will be leading the work, and may have management responsibilities over mid- and junior UX designers. You would be expected to review work, mentor them towards growth and inspire the team.
- Four+ years’ experience as a UX designer in a collaborative, fast-paced and innovative development environment, including;
- Close collaboration with strategic and creative thinkers and ease with abstract thinking
- Close collaboration with visual designers and understanding of aesthetic and graphic consistency principles
- Close collaboration with developers and comfort in facilitating technical problem-solving
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Production of UX artifacts and working knowledge of relevant software (Sketch, Figma, Axure, Jira, Github, etc)
- Familiarity with best practice user experience and understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies, and the ability to keep up and grow with this constantly changing environment
- Ability to scope and plan projects based on business requirements
- Ability to run multiple projects in parallel, at different levels of complexity - including large and complex systems of interactions
- Experience of working in agile teams would be preferred
- Workshop facilitation skills for project alignment, requirements gathering and collaboration
Posted on 22 Mar 16:26