Senior Embedded Java Developer
|Remuneration:||R750000 – R800000 per year Cost to company|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionNotorious media house who is offering an opportunity like no other, to work on international greenfield projects are seeking an embedded Java developer to join their team of highly accomplished specialists. The business has an aggressive roadmap for delivery of new devices to market, as well as rollout of new features and enhancements to current products. Their products are highly software intensive, and comprises components from multiple software vendors, both internal and external. You would be accountable for software development, bug fixing, technical recommendations (incl. impact assessment and test focus) and lifecycle management. If this sounds like a perfect role for you, don’t miss out! Apply now !
- B.Sc (electronic and/or computer engineering) or similar qualification
- Three years’ traceable work experience in software design/development of Core Java systems
- Experience in developing Java for multiple platforms (Windows, Linux and embedded devices)
- Expertise in Java languages based upon Media Home Platform (DVB-MHP) used for digital television
- Interactive TV and STB experience will be advantageous
- Knowledge of the software development, systems integration and test processes
- Knowledge of object orientated principles and design patterns
- Application/system architecture design and documentation
- Software debugging/troubleshooting and unit testing
- Software build, configuration and continuous integration management
- Experience in MPEG, DVB standards, DSMCC and digital TV is preferable
- Experience with local and global technology vendors
- Knowledge of the decoder software stack is preferable
- Coordinating development and integration with third parties
- Embedded application software maintenance and support
- Experience in software development methodologies, processes and standards
- Evidence of successful completion of a relevant software development internship programme
The time for change is now ! E-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates.
Email Garth on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Check out our website http://www.e-merge.co.za for more positions that might be right for you!
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay big cash to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within two weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
Posted on 14 Dec 15:40