Senior Data Engineer
|Remuneration:||R1200000 - R1300000 per year cost-to-company|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionA Pan African firm listed on the JSE offering a wide range of affordable and comprehensive insurance and comprehensive insurance, investment and corporate solutions seeks to hire the services of a senior data engineer.
You will be required to design and implement scalable and robust processes to support the data engineering capability. This role will be responsible for implementing and supporting large-scale data ecosystems across the Group.
You will use best practices in cloud engineering, data management and data storage to continue organizations drive to optimize the way that data is stored, consumed, and ultimately democratized and ultimately democratized; also collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation with use of the Data Engineering practices facilitating the improvement in the way that data is stored and consumed.
Reference Number for this position is NN52605 which is a permanent position that is remote offering a cost to company salary of up to R1.3m per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
- Matric, with a degree in computer science, business informatics, mathematics, statistics, physics or engineering
- Five+ years of data engineering experience
- Five+ years of experience with any data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytics tools including, but not limited to, any of the following combinations (1) SSIS and SSRS, (2) SAS ETL Framework, (3) SAP ETL Framework, (4) MongoDB ETL deployments, (5) Apache Spark and Apache Hive deployments will be beneficial. Hadoop; Python, Java, PLSQL, TSQL, OSQL, C#, OpenAPI framework
- Good AWS knowledge and experience on Glue, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, IAM, CloudFormation, AMS and Billing
- The candidate having DBA ability and knowledge across at least 2 platforms (example: TSQL, SAS, PSQL, IBM VSAM and DB2 etc.) will also be beneficial.
- Experience with designing and implementing Cloud (AWS) solutions including full use of all APIs available
- Experience with Dev/OPS architecture, implementation, and operation
- Knowledge of Engineering and Operational Excellence using standard methodologies. Best practices in software engineering, data management, data storage, data computing and distributed systems to solve business problems with data
- Experience in applying SAFe/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of business process management lifecycle which covers the design, modelling, execution, monitoring, and optimization as well as business process re-engineering
- Strong problem-solving skills: The ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges, to identify issues proactively, to present solutions and options leading to resolution
- Expert programming, performance tuning and troubleshooting skills, using the latest popular programming languages such as python, scala, java and suite of Microsoft languages C# and F# preferable
Posted on 24 Aug 16:31
011 463 3633