Senior Data Engineer
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
A fantastic opportunity for a senior data engineer has come up within an organization with a longstanding history and unquestionable success in the financial services industry, providing a solid foundation for expansion of its digital platform.
You will be required to design and implement scalable and robust processes to support the data engineering capability, implementing, and supporting large-scale data ecosystems across the Group.
Qualification and Experience:
- Matric, with a degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Engineering
- Five+ years of data engineering experience
- Five+ years of experience with any data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytics tools including, but not limited to, any of the following combinations (1) SSIS and SSRS, (2) SAS ETL Framework, (3) SAP ETL Framework, (4) MongoDB ETL deployments, (5) Apache Spark and Apache Hive deployments will be beneficial. Hadoop; Python, Java, PLSQL, TSQL, OSQL, C#, OpenAPI framework
- Good AWS knowledge and experience on Glue, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, IAM, Cloudformation, AMS and Billing
- The candidate having DBA ability and knowledge across at least 2 platforms (example: TSQL, SAS, PSQL, IBM VSAM and DB2 etc.) will also be beneficial
- Experience with designing and implementing Cloud (AWS) solutions including full use of all APIs available
- Experience with Dev/OPS architecture, implementation and operation
- Knowledge of Engineering and Operational Excellence using standard methodologies. Best practices in software engineering, data management, data storage, data computing and distributed systems to solve business problems with data
- Experience in applying SAFe/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
Reference Number for this position is SM52605 . It’s a permanent position based in Johannesburg, offering a salary of up to 1.5m per annum cost to company, negotiable based on experience. Contact Sifiso Mthombeni on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 28 Apr 13:27
011 463 3633