Job descriptionDepartment: Business Solutions
Have you wondered how South Africa’s largest single brand retailer manages to offer its customers the most sought after products at the best prices? Has it been a career dream to work for a large organization that is known to be the friendliest retail brand; winning local and international awards for innovations?
Do you want to join a team of like-minded business and systems specialists who are integral in ensuring PEP has the capability to delight its customers? Is your next career move to join a team that constantly challenges itself to learn, grow and be agile? A team that works collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Purpose of the job
As a member of the Pep PMO, the Project manager will be responsible for the end-to-end management of large cross-functional projects. The Project manager will also contribute to the key services provided by the PMO to the business. This will include project portfolio management, reporting, advising the business on project management best practices and standards, tracking of compliance against prescribed company standards as well as project management training to the business.
- Project management of large cross-functional projects
- Development of full scale project plans for project delivery (Set up; scope; resources; timelines; budgets; phase/project milestones; identify cross functional project teams; metrics for project success; ROI; risk management etc)
- Manage project proposals, project unpacking & business case, resources and functional dependency analysis
- Budget management
- Facilitates change management
- Effectively monitor, track and control the performance of a project
- Ensure projects adheres to architecture blueprints
- Communicate project updates regularly - feedback to client
- Stakeholder management and engagement.
Project Portfolio management
- Facilitation of the process to gather project information for the building and configuration of the project portfolio.
- Provide guidance to the business on the development of business cases for projects.
- Identification, unpacking and resolution of portfolio constraints (key resources, dependencies, financial).Build and maintain project matrix for the prioritisation of projects
- Project Demand view, Capacity planning, Project management, 3rd party management
- Fulfils a project consultant/advisor role to the business
- Training other project managers in all, or certain key aspects of project management e.g. task scheduling, risk management, etc.
- Provides project management resources (i.e, project management methodologies and tools; project management software application) to the business
- Mentors/coaches other in project management principles
- Compliance tracking against prescribed project management standards
- Keeps abreast of project management trends and developments.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. IT; Commercial ; Computer Science).
- Project management qualification/training (e.g. PMBOK, Prince2 or similar)
- Professional project management certification (e.g. PMP) will be an advantage
- Three to five years project management experience
- Retail experience will be an advantage
- PMO or similar experience will be an advantage
- Proven track record of medium to large scale projects
- Experience leading cross functional project teams
- Budget Management - Understands financial costing and management
- Organisational sensitivity
- Results orientated
- Analysing and forming opinions
Closing date: Tuesday, 30 March 2021
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV
All external candidates please use the following link https://pepstores.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/47877
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.
Posted on 24 Mar 14:03