Mid-Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
|Location:||Cape Town, Remote|
Play a pivotal role as your technical expertise as a Mid-Senior AWS DevOps engineer is sought by a data-driven Managed Service and Cloud Solutions Provider to help with an ambitious programme helping to build world-class development systems and services running on an AWS serverless core. You will build AWS infrastructure as part of several exciting new projects while managing and maintaining the existing infrastructure. Working closely with the DataOps team, you will deal with the ingestion of data from numerous disparate sources, building bespoke pipeline to process the data, ensuring data is readily available for use within the wider business. The ideal candidate must have strong Python including experience with both procedural scripting and Object-Oriented development, proficiency with AWS, Lambda, Step Functions, Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, CI/CD, RESTful APIs & be comfortable working with VCS including code reviews, Gitflow, Release Management.
- Help to build and support bespoke pipelines and processes for new projects and business products.
- Provide insights and input for technological choices for new projects.
- Use Lambda/Kinesis/DynamoDB to build Microservices to support both new and existing key business functions.
- Share knowledge of the data itself and process details within the DevOps/DataOps teams and wider business.
- Collaborate with the internal Test Team to test all work as part of the development lifecycle.
- Mitigate business impact by working closely with our Incident Management team with respect to incidents and service issues.
- Excellent Python skills – both procedural scripting and Object-Oriented development.
- Strong understanding of AWS and Python fundamentals and best practices.
- Solid experience of Lambda, Step Functions, Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3.
- Comfortable working with VCS (including code reviews, Gitflow, Release Management).
- Proficient understanding of CI/CD processes.
- Proficient understanding of AWS SAM leveraging IaC/CloudFormation.
- Understanding of the AWS well-architected framework.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs - both for using first/third party APIs and building our own for first/third party consumption.
- Familiarity with IAM roles/policies/permissions.
- Strong SQL and experience with data warehouses.
- Knowledge of AWS Pinpoint.
- One or more AWS Certifications.
- Experienced at TDD - writing Unit Tests and E2E Tests.
- Understanding of how to architect resilient, highly available and efficient data pipelines.
- Understanding of exception handling and error management implementations.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 30 Jun 11:29, Closing date 30 Jul
087 351 0743