Lead/Senior Azure Data Engineer - Contract
Job descriptionA leading global Digital Solutions Tech company in Joburg seeks the strong leadership & technical expertise of a highly focused Lead/Senior Azure Data Engineer to fill a 12-month Contract role. You will be working with Australian teams so much be able to work within or close to Perth business hours - around 6 hours ahead of SA time zone. The role will include Solution Architecture and the design, configure, develop, deploy and support data and analytics application. The data and analytics solution will be developed using wide range of Azure technology services serving to varied architecture pattern needs. You will require Python/PySpark, Agile best practices, Databricks, Delta Lake, SQL, CosmosDB, TSI and strong knowledge of BI concepts. You should be comfortable working in an ever-changing & fluid environment whilst maintaining absolute attention to detail as you tackle multiple projects. Remote work on offer until further notice.
- Develop, test, operate and support the end-to-end batch, near real time data and analytics solution.
- Build stream pipelines leverage IoT Hub, Event Hub, Databricks streaming and other Azure stream technologies.
- Be able to develop quality Python/PySpark and adopt/implement software development best practices to ensure high quality standards are met.
- Perform thorough code reviews of fellow Developers and ensure quality code.
- Use DevOps knowledge, cloud and data engineering expertise to operate, monitor and troubleshoot the pipelines / code bases.
- Effectively test and adopt testing frameworks to embed and codify tests.
- Take technical ownership for the implementation of the DE solution at an allocated mining site.
- Clearly communicate and explain concepts to senior stakeholders and key teams during sprint reviews and other programme meetings.
- Have a clear understanding of Agile best practices and proactively collaborate and support the team if needed during the whole sprint cycle.
- Document technical implementation details and artefacts created as part of the process.
- Serve data for application and analytics through a variety of technologies such as Delta Lake, SQL DB, CosmosDB and TSI.
- Build transformation pipelines into dimensions and facts.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Personal Skills/AttributesLead, Senior, Azure, Data, Engineer, Contract, Remote,
Posted on 20 Aug 10:41
087 351 0743