Junior Data Engineer
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
A leader with longstanding history and unquestionable success in the financial services industry providing a solid foundation for expansion of its digital platform is looking for a Junior Data Engineer.
You will be required to design and implement scalable and robust processes to support the data engineering capability. This role will be responsible for implementing and supporting large-scale data ecosystems across the Group.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Assist in designing and implementing scalable and robust processes for ingesting and transforming datasets.
- Assist in the design and implementation of data pipelines from a multitude of sources and also support the maintenance thereof.
- Ingest large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Enable the business to solve the problem of working with large volumes of data in diverse formats, and in doing so, enable innovative solutions.
- Build bulk and delta data lift patterns for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data.
- Supports the organization’s cloud strategy and alignment to data architecture and governance.
- Engineer data in the appropriate formats for downstream customers, risk and product analytics or enterprise applications.
- Assist in the development of API’s for returning data to Enterprise Applications.
- Assist in identifying, designing and implementing robust process improvement activities to drive efficiency and automation for greater scalability. This includes looking at new solutions and new ways of working and being on the forefront of emerging technologies.
- Work with various stakeholders across the organisation to understand data requirements and apply technical knowledge of data management to solve key business problems.
- Provide support in the operational environment with all relevant support teams for data services.
- Create and maintain functional requirements and system specifications in support of data architecture and detailed design specifications for current and future designs.
- Support test and deployment of new services and features.
Reference Number for this position is NN52603 which is a permanent position that is remote based offering a cost to company salary of up to R500,000 per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 24 Aug 16:55
011 463 3633