IT Scrum Master
Serve as the custodian of the Agile delivery processes as you take charge IT projects and delivery of web solutions to schedule as the next IT Scrum master sought by a reputable retail group. Working closely with product owners and demand management, this will be a largely client-facing role to ensure a full understanding of the business need. You will require a suitable three-year tertiary/NQF aligned qualification, a minimum of five years' experience in the IT industry with two years' experience within an Agile environment as a Scrum Master essential. You must have experience managing teams delivering IT implementations and involving multiple cross-skilled teams, including offshore teams, have worked across both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, a proven track record of delivery projects on time and proficiency using JIRA and Agile tools.
- Lead and control IT projects delivering business value through web solutions.
- Manage the delivery of projects through the complete development life cycle from inception to deployment, ensuring that delivery meets business and technical requirements and is within agreed time and budget.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders within the business and in IT, ensuring regular engagement in terms of understanding the business need, building shared understanding of the solution and providing status updates.
- Understand the high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate debate and drive decisions on appropriate solutions.
- Lead the collaborative planning process, prioritising work in alignment with the capacity of the multidisciplinary delivery team, consisting of internal and service provider resources.
- Ensure that all requirements are taken into account during the planning process including prioritised backlog, well defined user stories, value case and associated budgets and ITS capacity.
- Facilitate the elucidation, development and documentation of business requirements working with the Business or Systems Analyst.
- Effectively co-ordinate and work with high performance teams in development, operations and support in an Agile environment, providing project leadership and acting as the escalation point for all development issues specific to projects.
- Monitor and drive progress through team meetings, Agile backlog refinement sessions and stand-ups, and report status proactively to the business.
- Identify, develop and implement techniques to improve engagement, productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues and continuously optimize the product and service delivery process.
- Embodies the values and principles of servant leadership.
- Facilitates the maturity of the team in Agile practices and creates an environment conducive to self-managing and autonomous teams.
- Relevant three-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or similar).
- At least five years' IT industry experience essential
- At least two years' experience within an Agile environment as a Scrum Master essential.
- Experience in dealing with all levels of business essential.
- Experience managing teams delivering IT implementations and involving cross-functional teams, in an Agile environment.
- Working with multiple cross-skilled teams, including offshore teams.
- Knowledge and demonstrable competency using JIRA and Agile tools.
- Ability to work across both Waterfall and Agile methodology.
- Track record of completing quality projects on time.
- Good understanding of web solution development and related technologies.
- Retail experience.
- Knowledge of application development methodologies, Agile and related techniques (e.g., Kanban, DevSecOps).
- Supports the development of business acumen of team through knowledge sharing and upskilling.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of business operations and key industry and organisational metrics and trends.
- Evaluates the applicability of solutions with the ability to challenge and qualify its suitability for the business.
- Quickly identifies key issues
Posted on 13 Oct 16:08, Closing date 12 Nov
087 351 0743