Intermediate SQL Data Engineer
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
One of South Africa’s most data-driven financial firms and a provider of great financial services is looking for the talents of an Intermediate SQL data engineer.
The successful candidate must be passionate about using data to solve problems, to turn data into information and information into insight that will lead to informed business decisions.
- B.Sc. (computer science) or B.Sc. (information systems)
- Over 5 years’ experience in developing and maintaining Microsoft Business Intelligence Suite in an enterprise environment
- Over 5 years’ experience in advanced Microsoft Excel
- Design and develop databases, SQL queries, stored procedures, reports, dashboards, and integration solutions for both real-time and batch environments
- Enable and run data migrations and data integrations across different databases and different servers
- Strive to ensure there is proper data governance and quality across all relevant data platforms
- Promote best practices and design principles for data warehousing techniques and architecture
- Proactively analyse and evaluate the business’s databases and data Warehouse to identify and recommend improvements and/or optimization
- Perform Unit Testing and Systems Integration Testing within the provided or recommended test infrastructure and standards
- Follow all change control processes to implement the agreed solution by ensuring that all changes in the system upgrades, systems configuration changes or application parameter changes have been approved by the Change Approval Board (CAB) and have been tested
Reference Number for this position is NN53780 which is a permanent position that is remote based offering a cost to company salary of up to R900,000 per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 15 Nov 14:28, Closing date 14 Jan
011 463 3633