To envision, lead and develop fit for purpose, integrated end- to end technical solutions across multiple technologies for the organisation, through inspirational technical leadership and visionary long-term thinking. Provide leadership across multiple initiatives guiding engineering lead practitioners to achieve product / programme alignment.
• Analyse problems and formulate solution based on organisations boundaries, architectures and constraints: Needs to be achievable and operational, must push boundaries when required and continuously push for improvements
• Design detail solution architecture using new technologies in consultation using the patterns approved by Enterprise Architecture and technology domain SMEs. Design with a holistic, robust and sustainable mindset. Apply a product management mindset (long term thinking)
• Collaborate with the Architecture team to identify the right technologies to be used in the applications
• Work with technology domain SMEs to shape, contribute and to integrate a solution across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment
• Take proposed solutions through relevant governance forums and obtain acceptance for solutions from relevant specialists (domain or technology)
• Collaborate and communicate and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders
• Decomposition of the solution and assisting with the scheduling/sequencing work and identification of resourcing needs
• Flesh out designs and contribute to functional and non-functional requirements
• Assist software designers with lower level designs
• Troubleshoot issues relating to technical delivery
• Keep abreast of the technical landscape on how it fits together
• Understand constraints and risk and make the necessary trade-offs
• Influence and negotiate with key stakeholders
• Craft the end to end solution taking into consideration: people, technology, systems and data
• Future proof end to end solutions as far as possible within the organisation constraints Qualifications
• Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in development and design (Application, Infrastructure, etc.).
• Bachelor Degree in either Information Systems, Informatics or Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience).
• Information Technology Architect Certification (ITAC) (Open Group).
• Togaf Certification, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) or equivalent Experience
• Solid practical software engineering, programming and design experience
• Experience with the solution engineering of Banking applications in an integrated Banking environment
• Strong technical acumen on how the technical landscape fits together: Broad understanding of end to end landscape, specialisation in one domain
Job Reference #: 201864