Dev Team Lead
|Location:||Cape Town, Johannesburg|
The strong leadership and coding expertise of a Dev Team Lead is sought by a fast-paced FinTech company to join its Cape Town or Joburg division. Your core role will be to lead a highly skilled Agile Development Team & motivate team delivery within sprints or time boxed development iterations. Your focus will be on the delivery of business-critical projects and running the day -to -day operations in the team. You will require Matric/Grade 12, any valid/legitimate IT Degree/Diploma or Certifications relating to Software Development, 6+ Years proven development experience within a high-volume environment, be skilled in Relational Databases, SQL, ORM technologies, Git, Mercurial, CVS, Subversion, TFS, Test-Driven Development, Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns, exposure to graph databases, Message Queues, CI Tools & Agile Techniques, DoD, Scrum, Kanban, Stand-up, Sprints and Retrospectives.
Team management -
- Run the day-to-day operations of the Dev team.
- Ensure that Sprints are completed as per the DoD within the team.
- Activity initiates daily stand-up, sprint planning retrospectives etc.
- Work with team to meet the sprint goal.
- Handle and/or report any team impediments.
- Promote self-organising teams.
- Participant in Pair Programming.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members
- Work with management to identify and hire new talent.
- Ensure that all Engineers within the team understand and follow existing and new IT standards.
- Break down and document tasks to be completed within the team.
- Write well designed, testable and working code based on business requirements.
- Ensure the code is scalable and adheres to security standards.
- Deployable in infrastructure provided for release.
- Commit to source control in a working state with all dependencies updated
- Ability to identify tech debit and work it over small iterations over future sprints to ensure no disruptions to business.
- Ensure that development standards, policies and procedures are adhered to by the team.
- Responsible for the implementation of new approved technologies, tools and techniques within the team.
- Be involved in the planning, design and development of the identified systems and platforms, contributing to all phases of the development life cycle.
- Responsible for supporting Continuous Improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
Project management -
- Ensure that projects are broken down into sizeable deliverables and are accurately estimated.
- Ensure delivery based on estimations and DoD.
- Work closely with peers in the business to fully understand the business process and requirements.
- Be able to adapt based on changes to task priority and business requirements.
- Reporting delivery and progress to management.
- Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the work currently in development sprints and/or time boxed development cycles.
- Report any Impediments to management that cannot be resolved within the team.
- Report all deployments and tasks deployed within a release.
- Report any resources limitations that will affect the team.
Quality management -
- All software developed within the team satisfies the business requirements as specified.
- Software developed meets the DoD.
- Code is working and signed off by the client.
- All Code Reviews have passed.
- All tests are working.
- New processes
Technical/Business Knowledge -
- Understanding of industry doma
Posted on 21 Jul 11:01
087 351 0743