Data Engineer - Python/SQL
|Location:||Cape Town, Tokai|
Be responsible for the Investment team database architecture, data flow and data processes of a dynamic provider of cutting-edge financial solutions in Tokai seeking a highly skilled data engineer. Your role will entail efficiently receiving, transferring, processing, analysing, and integrating 3rd party systems for investment research and business operational processes. You must possess a University Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Maths/Stats/Business Science/Actuarial fields with up to three years’ experience with a specific focus in database management, data analysis and have produced ETL processes at scale. You must have strong Python and SQL Programming skills, Linux Server administration, Git, basic understanding of financial instruments and markets and solid experience managing and analysing large amounts of data.
Database and ETL –
- Design relational data tables to serve current data needs and pre-empt future use cases.
- Optimise table structures for scale and high frequency read/writes.
- Optimise stored procedures for large data sets and high frequency calls.
- Write ETL scripts for data ingestion and transfers as well as report generation using stored procedures and Python scripting.
- Integrate systems data communication.
- Data analysis and reporting using Python Pandas, Numpy, Plotly and Scikit-Learn.
- Python web frameworks.
- ETL scripting.
- Create and add to existing in-house Python modules.
- Automate data quality checks.
- Linux Server administration and bash scripting.
- Git version control.
- Understanding and implementation of DevOps fundamentals.
- Investigate new technologies to improve the dataflow framework.
- Assist and collaborate on team wide projects.
- Process documentation and version control.
- Systems and framework implementation.
- Ensure database services always available.
- Handle ad hoc data query investigations.
- University Post Graduate Degree (Computer Science/Information Systems/Maths/Stats/Business Science/Actuarial).
- Up to three years’ experience with a specific focus in database management, data analysis and have produced ETL processes at scale are essential.
- Exceptional skills and experience in Python and SQL.
- Basic understanding of financial instruments and markets.
- Linux Server administration.
- Git version control.
- Outstanding organisation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills oral and written.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, driven and results oriented.
- Ability to listen and respond to new ideas, input and diverse perspectives.
- High levels of self-confidence, assertive as well as healthy levels of EQ.
- Energetic problem-solver.
- Structured work style, attention to detail and accuracy is of the utmost importance.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 13 Jul 10:50, Closing date 12 Aug
087 351 0743