Business Analyst Manager
The strong leaders and commercial acumen of a self-driven Business Analyst Manager is sought by an innovative Investment Firm to take charge of its Fund Operations division, providing critical insight into business problem and assisting the implementation of long-term solutions. The successful candidate must possess a suitable BCom/B Bus Science Degree, have 6 years' experience in IT with a solid understanding of Asset Management processes, Asset Management Business, know the System Development Life Cycle / SCRUM methodology and Release Processes and IT environments.
Run the domain -
- Build and maintain business stakeholder relationships and be a strong team player within institutional business.
- Liaise with domain stakeholders to determine priorities and effective solutions to meet business requirements.
- Manage business expectations and proactively mitigate any risks of production releases.
- Collaborate with domain Tech Leads, Architect, Scrum Master, Test Manager and IT Ops Manager to ensure alignment on objectives and resource allocation.
- Coordinate the work of domain level teams and ensure domain members work together as a team.
- Drive implementation of key initiatives and ensure measurable outcomes are achieved.
- Manage competing priorities for the domain and delivery items.
- Ensure adherence to Institutional IT governance processes.
- Identify and manage any risk introduced by changes.
- Lead and develop business analysts in the domain.
- Provide guidance for direct reports on career path.
- Ensure all direct reports have a personal development plan in place.
- Ensure adequate Business Analyst capacity, skills, and pipeline.
- Drive improvements in domain team engagement.
- Build up the team's diversity and transformation representation through new hires, mentorship, and specific development focus of existing people in the team.
- Contribute toward IT talent management process.
- Assist in leading, managing, and coaching existing and new staff in the domain.
Decision making -
- Implement Institutional IT strategic objectives and contribute towards strategic thinking items.
- Make day to day judgement calls on domain level matters (in conjunction with tech leads, Scrum Master).
- Determine backlog priority and roadmap for development.
- Engage with other domain owners to ensure end to end solutions are implemented.
- Ensure items delivered in the domain are aligned with the tech direction/roadmap.
- Provide input into overall IT objectives and governance.
Personal Development -
- Take initiative to further develop own leadership and other skills.
- Demonstrate the behaviours consistent with the organisation's values.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g., BCom, B Bus Science Degree) with strong academic performance.
- Minimum of six years' experience in IT (preferably in Asset Management).
- Sound understanding of Asset Management processes.
- Asset Management Business.
- System Development Life Cycle / SCRUM methodology.
- Release Processes and IT environments.
- Strong People Management skills (instil respect; care for team; respect for individuals; listening skills; ability to serve staff; disciplined).
- Interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to build effective teams, to gain commitment and to manage team performance.
- Good time management skills, ability to manage heavy workload and multiple tasks.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication and ability to work in a team.
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very disciplined and methodical working style.
- Determined and persistent.
- Drive own development to become a bett
Posted on 12 Jan 14:35, Closing date 11 Feb
087 351 0743