• Attend all scoping and planning workshops for BAU and project initiatives and provide input into the design process to ensure that solution meets the business requirements.
• Accurately estimate project activities and communicate deviations promptly to the lead or project manager for appropriate action by participating in development planning and progress review sessions.
• Development of solutions using Spark and Scala/python
• Testing of development work done
• Attend relevant project progress review sessions and provide feedback when required. Education and Experience Required
• A University degree in Computer Science (or similar) OR appropriate business degree
• Bsc Computer Science / Bsc hons (Computer Science) / Bsc Mathematics or Similar
• 5+ years years Big Data development experience Knowledge Skills:
• Data Processing
• Scala/Python Development Language
• Hadoop Architecture and Operating System (Cloudera)
• Hadoop SQL (Hive)
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201793 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.
Job Reference #: 201793