BI Team Leader
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Job descriptionA new and exciting opportunity is available for a Business Intelligence (BI) Team Leader to join the Cape Union Mart IT team. We are looking for a dynamic, Innovative and influential team leader who will add value to the IT function by being responsible for Business Intelligence within the Cape Union Mart Group. This position, reporting to the Head of IT, is based at our Head Office in Cape Town and is an exciting and challenging opportunity that will require the successful candidate to partner with and empower stakeholders to achieve departmental and company objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the BI development team
- Ensure the integrity of all information within the data warehouse as well as the accuracy of the processes used to populate the warehouse on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain existing ETL
- Provide operational BI support to the business.
- Create accurate business requirements definitions in order to monitor and improve business processes
- Conducting data analysis and create specifications
- Work closely with developers and business to execute their plans and coordinate activities.
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Related tertiary qualification (Essential)
- Five years data analytics or business intelligence experience (Essential)
- Management / Supervisory experience (Desirable)
- Relevant retail industry experience (Desirable)
- Experience within a data centred role (Essential)
- Proficiency in software tools (Word, PPT, Excel, Power BI, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, etc.) and technical agility (Essential)
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of data warehousing and analytics
- Knowledge of BI tools, concepts and architecture and decision support concepts
- Knowledge of ETL and data analysis with focus on data integrity
- Knowledge of BI Stack, including MSSQL, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI, Cognos, Qliksense and Qlikview
- Analytical skills
- Computer skill
- Verbal and written communication
- Presentation skill
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Business problem solving skills
Posted on 10 Jun 13:27