|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart - Head Office|
Job descriptionThe successful incumbent will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data warehouse architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You will support our cross functional teams with data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery throughout ongoing projects. They must be comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimising or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data warehouse architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Oracle technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiencies and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Apply the necessary data governance policies to ensure that the data is accurate and up to date with source systems.
- Create data tools for analytics and product owning team members that assist them in building and optimising our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL and Oracle knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (SQL, RDS etc.).
- Experience with data visualisation tools e.g. Power BI, QlikView, QlikSense.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres.
- Experience with developing/designing data warehouses/data lakes and the associated ETL, and ELT processes
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C/C#, R, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3 (Advantageous).
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. (Advantageous).
- Degree in information technology / mathematics / engineering / actuarial science or related discipline.
- 6+ years in a technical data role, preferably in a formal data, data warehouse or business intelligence environment.
Please note: The Cape Union Mart Group is committed to transformation. Appointments and promotions will be made based on candidates who best meet the requirements for the position. Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team, aligned to our Employment Equity plan.
Posted on 10 May 17:12, Closing date 8 Jun