BA Lead - Fund Operations
Job descriptionThe strong leaders and commercial acumen of a self-driven BA lead is sought by an innovative investment firm to take charge of its fund operations division, providing critical insight into business problem and assisting the implementation of long-term solutions. The successful candidate must possess a suitable BCom/B Bus Science degree, have six years' experience in IT with a solid understanding of asset management processes, asset management business, know the system development life cycle / SCRUM methodology and release processes and IT environments.
Run the domain -
- Build and maintain business stakeholder relationships and be a strong team player within institutional business.
- Liaise with domain stakeholders to determine priorities and effective solutions to meet business requirements.
- Manage business expectations and proactively mitigate any risks of production releases.
- Collaborate with domain Tech Leads, Architect, Scrum Master, Test Manager and IT Ops Manager to ensure alignment on objectives and resource allocation.
- Coordinate the work of domain level teams and ensure domain members work together as a team.
- Drive implementation of key initiatives and ensure measurable outcomes are achieved.
- Manage competing priorities for the domain and delivery items.
- Ensure adherence to Institutional IT governance processes.
- Identify and manage any risk introduced by changes
- Lead and develop business analysts in the domain.
- Provide guidance for direct reports on career path.
- Ensure all direct reports have a personal development plan in place.
- Ensure adequate business analyst capacity, skills, and pipeline.
- Drive improvements in domain team engagement.
- Build up the team's diversity and transformation representation through new hires, mentorship, and specific development focus of existing people in the team.
- Contribute toward IT talent management process.
- Assist in leading, managing, and coaching existing and new staff in the domain.
Decision making -
- Implement institutional IT strategic objectives and contribute towards strategic thinking items.
- Make day to day judgement calls on domain level matters (in conjunction with tech leads, Scrum Master).
- Determine backlog priority and roadmap for development.
- Engage with other domain owners to ensure end to end solutions are implemented.
- Ensure items delivered in the domain are aligned with the tech direction/roadmap.
- Provide input into overall IT objectives and governance.
Personal development -
- Take initiative to further develop own leadership and other skills.
- Demonstrate the behaviours consistent with the organisation's values.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g., BCom, B business science degree) with strong academic performance.
- Minimum of six years' experience in IT (preferably in asset management).
- Sound understanding of Asset Management processes.
- Asset management business.
- System Development Life Cycle / SCRUM methodology.
- Release Processes and IT environments.
- Strong people management skills (instil respect; care for team; respect for individuals; listening skills; ability to serve staff; disciplined).
- Interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to build effective teams, to gain commitment and to manage team performance
- Good time management skills, ability to manage heavy workload and multiple tasks.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication and ability to work in a team.
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very disciplined and methodical working style.
- Determined and persistent.
- Drive own development to become a better manager
Personal Skills/AttributesBA, Lead, Fund, Operations
Posted on 13 Oct 12:36, Closing date 12 Nov
087 351 0743