|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
Job descriptionThe main purpose of this position is to work in a team of developers to design or architect, develop, maintain and support information technology (IT) solutions to meet the business needs within the Client’s organisation at group level
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Define own and others’ work plans using own discretion, and in alignment with departmental and functional work plans.
- Conduct analysis and design or architect quality IT solutions according to approved business requirements and in line with governance frameworks.
- Ensure the delivery of quality IT solutions through development, integration, testing and deployment according to the approved design specification and within agreed timelines.
- Ensure the total quality of an IT solution by contributing to the compilation of standards and improved processes, and by ensuring that the approved standards and processes are met and followed.
- Consistently provide IT solution maintenance and support in the designated area, thereby ensuring business continuity in line with the agreed service standards.
- Keep abreast of developments in information and communication technology (ICT) trends and within the specialised area of technology in order to design and develop the most appropriate IT solution within the area of responsibility.
- Comply with the expected standards and procedures for the completion of the tasks and activities performed.
- Actively participate as a team member, and support the team towards the completion of goals.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Engage with the internal and external user communities to ensure that business benefits are realised.
RequirementsTo be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or an equivalent;
- a Java certification
- 5 – 8 years of experience in IT development at an analyst level. programming and design in a Java JEE/J2EE environment and Oracle databases
- working experience in Java-related technologies (Struts, JSF, JSP, EJB3, Ajax etc.);
- working experience in interfacing with Society For Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications(SWIFT);
- experience in the development of data-intensive applications across the web and systems in a treasury environment;
- experience in coding to a middleware layer, including IBM WebSphere MQ and Messaging Broker;
- five to seven years of experience in the JBoss application server;
- familiarity and experience in the techniques required to secure an application against intrusion attacks and session spoofing;
- general understanding and the ability to secure an application
- three to five years of experience in Calypso-specific development (including solid experience on version 14); and
- three to five years of experience in Calypso configuration (including solid experience on version 14)
- advanced design and development of IT solutions;
- approved governance framework;
- advanced knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and associated methodologies;
- advanced third-party product knowledge;
- advanced knowledge of databases and utilities; and
- advanced knowledge of development languages.
This position is HIGH – PRIOITY | URGENT NEED TO fill
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WHEN YOU APPLY
- All parties who fulfill the requirements of the role and job spec are invited to apply by sending a detailed CV only to :
- Your CV must clearly state your ID number, current salary, expectations, contactable references and notice period
- Please do not send copies of your ID.
- Please do not send copies of your Qualifications.
- Short listed candidates will be subjected to Pyscometric tests and other clearance requirements
NB TO NOTE
For POPI related reasons please DO NOT send copies of your ID nor of your qualifications.
DISCLAIMER | POPI | IMPORTANT TO NOTE
- The closing date for applications is on Tuesday 28th April 2020.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Should we not contact you within 2 weeks of submitting your application then please consider your application unsuccessful.
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, this being for recruitment and prospective appointment purposes.
- The Company / Client reserves the right not to make an appointment and can therefore retract the role for reasons that does not have to be disclosed to an applicant or the agent which reasons may include inter alia:
o Regulations and / or laws passed by the country, metro, district, province as required for whatsoever reason;
o Natural and / or unnatural disasters affecting the ability to commence a role;
o The internal affairs affairs and / or ‘operational requirements of the business’.
- Your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
For Clarification On The Popi Act No 4 Of 2013, Please Refer To:
https://www.gov.za/documents/protection-personal-information-act (This is short summary of the POPI At No.4 of 2013 “To promote the protection of personal information processed by public and private bodies; to introduce certain conditions so as to establish minimum requirements for the processing of personal.
- Appropriate psychometric and / or other selection tools and reference checks may be applicable.
- Qualifications, background and ITC checks are applicable.
- Most recent references will be required unless the immediate current employer is reasonably accepted as the motivation for not obtaining such reference from current employer.
Posted on 27 Apr 02:47