Systems Analyst I - IT Oracle Financial Functional System
Job descriptionUnderstand and translate business requirements into quality system solutions and ensure optimal system performance and stability through support and continuous improvement as the next Systems Analyst sought by a reputable Retail Group. You will require a 3-year IT tertiary qualification, an Oracle Certification in addition would be preferred, have five years' relevant IT experience in Oracle EBS (Financials) implementation, an understanding of Oracle database and a database language (SQL experience preferred), Oracle Financials configuration experience across modules, standard Oracle documentation (BR100/MD070) experience, Project Management and experience working on projects or large continuous improvement initiatives. Standby duty will be expected as required.
Analyse current systems solutions and business requirements -
- Interpret and provide input to translate complex business requirements into business requirement definitions and specifications.
- Analyse and evaluate required system enhancements.
- Analyse existing systems and interfaces for modification/improvement purposes.
Design new or enhanced systems to accommodate business needs -
- Participate in the process design or re-design and translate business/user requirements/processes into a system design.
- Design system enhancements.
- Change systems specifications based on testing problems / changing requirements.
- Design interfaces with other systems
- Provide input to deployment plans based on designs.
Test proposed solutions -
- Develop system test plans for system and integration testing.
- Perform systems testing and integration testing, and feedback results.
Participate in the implementation of new solutions to ensure successful integration into current environment -
- Manage the creation and hand-over of the system administration procedures.
- Participate in the post-implementation reviews for completed projects.
- Ensure SME input during the implementation process.
Support current solutions -
- Resolve user queries.
- Ensure the stability of the existing systems environment.
- Provide input to programming support teams.
- Provide functional leadership and guidance.
Collaborate with and support ITS and the business -
- Integrate with relevant business and IT stakeholders.
- Provide system input to design of user training material.
- Provide operational support to the business area.
- Provide knowledge transfer and support to team members.
- Support Audit.
Create and maintain documentation -
- Develop and maintain all relevant SDLC documentation.
- Document, publish and maintain system design (new system developments and enhancements) and all interfaces with other systems.
- Minimum three-year IT tertiary qualification.
- Oracle Certification preferred.
- Minimum five years relevant IT experience in Oracle EBS (Financials) implementation.
- Will be required to perform standby duties.
- Understanding of Oracle database and a database language (SQL experience preferred).
- Oracle Financials configuration experience across modules
- Experience in standard Oracle documentation (BR100/MD070).
- Experience working on projects or large continuous improvement initiatives.
- Project management methodology.
- Retail experience advantageous.
- Aware of and responsive to internal and external events and influences on the technical landscape.
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved.
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself.
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects.
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitment
Personal Skills/AttributesSystems, Analyst, I, IT, Oracle, Financial, Functional, System
Posted on 14 Jan 10:53, Closing date 13 Feb
087 351 0743