Software Project Manager – Softsure
If you're passionate about software, an excellent communicator, organised, efficient and proactive, as well as defining the objectives and scopes of each stage of the project, this might be the position for you.
So, what’s your mission?
You’ll need to bring a technical passion and a solid work ethic to take advantage of this opportunity. We have a collaborative team who work together to achieve the business goals, constantly looking to add value to our customers. We care deeply about learning best practices and delivering quality projects. We’ll be growing fast and scaling globally so the opportunity for your career growth has the potential to be huge.
What will the average day look like?
- Create, maintain and track project plans, schedules, problem logs and progress throughout the life of the project.
- Develop project objectives and specification documents.
- Ensure the requirements are clearly defined and thoroughly understood by the development and testing teams.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation, conduct software team meetings and assist in troubleshooting technical issues.
- Coordinate communication between internal resources and stakeholders.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate any critical issues to management.
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders and provide timely feedback.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure the work tracking system is always up to date.
- Manage and communicate changes effectively.
- Vet issues and log appropriate development tickets into workflow management system.
- Assist with software testing where necessary.
- Relevant degree, diploma or qualification.
- A general understanding of different Software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, RAD).
- An understanding of JIRA, Trello, Microsoft DevOps or similar Project Management Software.
- Experience using Slack, Teams, Telegram or similar team collaboration tools.
- A learner mindset and the ability to solve problems effectively.
- Two+ years’ solid work experience in software project management
- Contactable references
- This role is permanent/full-time. Commencing in September/October. International exposure to various insurance brands and working with an international team.
- The opportunity to be a part of an inclusive, fun and high performing organisation.
- Based in the beautiful City of George, in the Garden Route.
- We’re looking for drive, passion, and a willingness to learn – if we are preaching what you are practising, we’d love to hear from you.
Posted on 16 Oct 07:52
|Recent jobs by Dotsure||City||Date posted|
|Web Developer/Graphic Designer||Cape Town||16 Oct 09:33|
|Project Coordinator (Badger Holdings)||George||16 Oct 09:24|
|Quality Assurance/Testers – Softsure||George||16 Oct 07:53|
|Software Project Manager – Softsure||George||16 Oct 07:52|
|Business Development Consultant||Johannesburg||13 Oct 10:15|
|Video Content Specialist||George||09 Oct 08:19|
|Accountant||George||07 Oct 09:27|
|SEO Specialist||George||22 Sep 15:36|