Senior Software Engineer
Serve as the technical expert for solution delivery as your coding expertise as a Senior Software Engineer is sought by a dynamic tech and software solutions provider. Your role will also entail developing technical designs and documentation, taking charge of technical delivery - scoping, design, configuration, system testing, deployment, ongoing improvement and ensuring exceptional quality of services & solutions. You must have 5+ years' experience in Financial Services, solid SQL & Oracle skills, software product configuration and support experience, system analysis and design and requirements definition, solution design, running workshops, configuring solutions, client communication and system documentation. You must preferably have a BSc/BEng/BCom/BA Degree in an IT related course with a 60% average and A or B pass for Matric Maths HG. Travel may be expected between Cape Town and Joburg offices.
- Implement and configure software to the business design and client's specific requirements.
- Use 'low-code' applications with SQL databases to build integrated and automated back-end processes with web-based UIs.
- Execute projects in a dynamic, collaborative, and iterative fashion - providing ongoing tangible benefit.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients.
- Develop new concepts, approaches and applying best-practice patterns.
- Solution design, build, test, support and improve.
- Configure and test solutions with colleagues.
- Involved with Unit and end-to-end testing of solutions.
- Deploy solutions to server environments - Dev, QA, Production.
- Provide exceptional production support and ongoing improvement.
- Develop technical designs and documentation.
- Participate in update, design, requirements and feedback sessions.
- Technical Expert for solution delivery.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of a client's solution environment
- Key coordinator of technical solution delivery for the team
- Responsible for sound solution design and project execution according to company standards.
- Ensuring excellent quality in service and solutions.
- Technical delivery - scoping, design, configuration, system testing, deployment, ongoing improvement.
- Assist, coach and train staff.
- Develop and improve company standards and best practices.
- Five+ years financial services experience. (banking, investment or asset management experience an advantage)
- Solid database experience - SQL, Oracle.
- Software product configuration and support experience.
- System analysis and design skills are necessary.
- Experience working in a project delivery environment.
- Requirements definition, solution design, running workshops, configuring solutions, client communication and system documentation.
- Production support of client implementations.
- Comfortable liaising with clients and senior management.
- B.Sc, B.Eng, B.Com or BA (Socio-Informatics), Degree with IT related subjects as majors. From one of the following universities: UCT, Stellenbosch, Wits, Pretoria, North-West (Potchefstroom campus), Free State, KZN, Nelson Mandela, Johannesburg. With above average results. Guideline is 60% average at university.
- Matric results - A or B for Maths HG.
- Experience leading technical project deliveries and managing delivery teams.
- Server installation and deployment in corporate environments.
- Project management experience - lead, communication, reporting, work breakdown, estimates, tasking, tracking, budgets.
- Experience in managing people and developing their skills - administration, mentoring and coaching.
- Experience with middleware, ETL or EAI tools.
- Integration, process automation. data warehouse and system/data migration.
- Comfortable using technology and be able to explain it to others.
- Solves problems creatively and efficiently
- Quality focussed.
- Able to manage time well and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Can manage job pressure well.
- Detail focussed as we work with sensitive data and critical business systems.
- Pedantically accurate.
Posted on 16 Nov 15:10, Closing date 16 Dec
087 351 0743