Senior Project Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Discussed in the interview|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Private Property South Africa|
Job descriptionMain Purpose of the Role
The Senior Project Manager ensures that realistic project timelines, quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained. The PM is responsible for monitoring and controlling resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and the management and expectations of all project stakeholders. The business will rely on this capability to take full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and focused individual who is passionate about the field and comes alive in an environment that is fast paced and results driven. We will rely on this role to own the project management lifecycle of all business projects. This role is best suited to the individual who has a minimum 5 years’ experience as a project manager, with at least 3 years working an e-commerce environment running projects within a fast paced, agile environment. As we execute on various strategic projects, are looking for someone who is innovative, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
A key component that will contribute to the success of this role is being able to oversee and guide the change management process that naturally results from the implementation of new, innovative projects. The ideal candidate is able to effectively communicate with all stakeholders and understands the process of successfully managing change within an organization. We will rely on this capability to implement the necessary theories, practice and processes that enhance the success of all change management initiatives. Within this function, you understand this process and will be comfortable leading through medium and large projects, sometimes simultaneously.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Strategic and Operational Business Analysis
- Plan, schedule, lead and facilitate collaborative brainstorm sessions with internal and external product owners and business users to identify and define business problems
- Define and describe business scenarios and processes in a language understandable to both technical and business stakeholders
- Compile business requirements documentation together with relevant business sponsors
- Be the liaison between product owners, project team members and quality assurance personnel, gathering system requirements and developing specifications to be used by project teams
- Explore and develop recommendations for projects, regarding specific user requirements, process workflows, business rules and change management
- In collaboration with the Process Analyst, assess current business processes, procedures and business rules in collaboration with internal and external business partners and use findings herein towards the designing of new and existing business processes and plan for and implement change management procedures
- Design, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders; the project approach, governance structures (steerco) and procedures and timelines for effective project execution
- Develop the definition of project outcomes (what does success look like), scoping (a detailed list of what needs to get done between now and launch date) and prioritisation of project activities to reach the projects stated outcomes goals and timelines
- Resource the team according to the scoping document and manage the allocation thereof with their relevant managers
- Manage the co-ordination of communication across the business and ensure the necessary documentation is in place to report timeously to (internal and external) project and business stakeholders
- Ensure respective costs are managed effectively; having oversight of resource allocation and project equipment and travel cost during implementation
- Plan and manage the project resource schedule by managing resource conflicts, proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the project; especially making sure the timelines put in place are adhered to by project resource
- Proactively and consistently identify and mitigate project risks i.e. manage a project risk schedule
- Liaise with business partners to allocate the required skilled resources to execute projects
- Effectively onboard all project resources (internal and external) to ensure quickest time to performance
- Set meaningful performance targets for project resources and clearly outline efforts required to reach deliverables
- Manage team performance during project, promoting cohesiveness and taking corrective action where necessary
- Assess performance and behavior of project resources upon project closure and align to (departmental) individual scorecard
- Support, coach and mentor project resources where required, provide regular, constructive feedback, reinforce performance goals, provide guidance where behavioral problems arise and give recognition for work well done
- Extended working hours where applicable
- Works remotely with occasional travel
Company DescriptionAn inspiring culture and organisation to be a part of
At Private Property, our values define our culture. These values form the core of who we are as people and inform how we operate our business.
Our culture is built on the following values: Service. Collaboration. Innovation. Agility. Grit.
These values give us purpose and direction as we strive to achieve great things together.
We invest in our people and help them to grow with us. We are proud of the calibre of our people and are successful because of them. We recognise and reward success and look for people who share our passion for innovation and excellence.
What You Need to Succeed
- Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Degree in Business Management/Administration, or a closely-related field
- A recognisable Project Management Certification such as Prince2, PMBOK or Agile Project Methodology Certification is mandatory
- Demonstrate advanced Microsoft Office applications experience (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT and Visio) and Project management tools such as Microsoft Planner/Project, Basecamp or Trello etc.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as a project manager
- Minimum 3 years working an e-commerce environment and running projects within a fast paced, agile environment
- Proven track record of being able to work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders at all tiers of the business with projects of different complexity and risk levels
- An ability to work at strategic as well as detailed levels and must have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
Posted on 12 Feb 07:12
+27 82 424 2332