Serves as a Custodian for various company assets within the CIT department. Responsible for controlling, issuing and receiving
of firearms, ammunition and other CIT equipment in accordance with SBV’s Policies and Procedures.
Job Title: Fire Arm & Assets Control
Location: eMalahleni / Witbank, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Reference #: FACO2021EMH
Contract Type: Permanent
Issue correct firearms, ammunition and assets (i.e. but not limited to, Radios, Access/Site keys and tags, Track & Trace
mobile devices, etc.)
• Validate if the person receiving the equipment in the Gunvault is an SBV employee
• Verify that staff complete the firearm register correctly during handover process
• Authenticate all firearms, ammunition and equipment that are issued, matches to the relevant permit/s
• Update the centre firearms register accordingly, where applicable
• Reconcile firearms, ammunition and equipment that were issued to the employees to that which has been received
back from employees
• Comply with and adhere to company and legislative rules & regulations relating to firearms and safety within the Gun
• Manage firearm vault keys during shifts and sign key in at the end of the shift
• Adhere to agreed SOPs before issuing out any firearms
• Verify that the employee/s being issued with a firearm/s are in possession of a valid competency certificate for the
specific category of firearm/s and are registered with PSIRA on a daily basis
• Control all access to the gun vault
• Confirm that all assets are handed in before releasing employees from their duty on the relevant system.
• Maintain accurate and complete registers, permits and paperwork
• Adhere to the Firearms Control Act 60 (No 60 of 2000), the Firearms Regulations 2004 and Regulation 21.
• Tag, store and report on broken/faulty firearms received as per firearms policy.
• Inspect firearms and ammunition on a weekly basis in order to ensure that firearms are clean, in a working condition
and serial numbers are visible and correct.
• Provide a detailed record of all firearm related incidents in the Occurrence Book (OB).
• Control stock in order to validate that all company firearms, ammunition and equipment is accounted for.
Balance Vault daily
• Balance & reconcile all assets received to what was issued before booking in the Vault Keys.
• Conduct thorough hand-over from one Vault Officer to another.
• Complete and submit dually signed asset balancing documents to management.
Manage administrative functions within one’s area
• Conduct monthly stock inventory and reconcile with previous month.
• File all records for audit purposes.
• Obtain quotations and place orders for new stock in accordance with company policy.
• Collate sizes and forward to the CIT Legislative Manager, receiving and dispatching all uniforms to employees as and
• Assist with control room officer duties when required.
Management of applicable System
• Administer and manage the applicable system
• Log system faults with SBV Service Desk and notify Legislative office of fault/s
• Obtain relevant authorisation and reference numbers if manual processes are to be followed.
• Load new employees and assets accurately on to the system
• Identify imminent (120 days) expiry of staff firearm competency certificates and issue reminder letters within an
appropriate time frame
• Liaise with local South African Police Service Station Designated Firearms Officer in terms of employee firearm
competencies (obtaining printouts and verifications)
Live the organisation culture within one’s centre
• Live the department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment
towards the mission
Provide leadership to employees within the organisation, creating a winning culture and high morale
Lead as an Ambassador and executor of Change
• Act as a change champion in periods of change to ensure continuity to operations.
• 3 years CIT experience with knowledge on firearm and competency processes.
• Grade 12 .
• Factt training
• Grade C PSIRA Registration
• Fire Arms Competency Certificate in Handgun and Rifle categories
• Intermediate Ms Word, Excel and Outlook.
Application Deadline: 28/06/2021