Personal Assistant to IT Executive
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Job descriptionCape Union Mart is recruiting for a Personal Assistant to the IT Executive, based at our Head Office in Cape Town. The duration of the contract will be 6 months.
If you pride yourself on having a proactive approach and possess exceptional coordination, prioritisation and communication skills with the ability to use your own initiative, then this role is for you.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the IT Executive’s electronic diary ensuring optimal use of his time and to respond accordingly to all changes.
- To manage all administrative aspects of the IT Executive’s role in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
- Ensuring all meeting papers are received and available in good time to allow the necessary briefing and sourcing of further information if required. To circulate any prereading and log actions where required.
- To keep excellent records of key meetings and decisions made as appropriate. To be responsible for taking the minutes at the IT Executive’s Leadership meetings or other meetings as and when required.
- To deal with incoming email, assesing its significance and ensuring that the IT Executive is engaged only with essential items that require his attention, and where necessary draft correspondence on his behalf.
- To identify and make all travel arrangements well in advance, with all visa requirements and full travel logistics completed.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- A suitable tertiary qualification/diploma
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar role, preferably providing high level administrative and/or personal support to an Executive, Head of Department or Director level.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of scheduling diverse individuals across multiple time zones and have an appreciation of global working will be given preference
- Excellent spoken and written English, demostrate in formal documents, briefs, letters, emails and other communications.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate process and policy accurately.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and experience of working with data and information both of a confidential and / or sensitive nature.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy in their work.
- Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude with a strong work ethic, using initiative and creativity to address challenges and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Good planning and coordination skills with excellent attention to detail.
Posted on 05 Jul 14:56