Job Title : Logistics Coordinator
Project : ATI Program
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Period of performance: Date of Approval – End of Project
The position is open To All South African citizens and permanent residents or those with valid work permits at the time of application
The Logistics Coordinator is a key member of the Operations team. He/She will provide administrative support to ATI implementation, coordinating and managing logistics services/needs required for project activities, travels and events in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The individual ensures accurate and complete record-keeping and filing systems based on the project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM), USAID regulations, and contract requirements and limitations. He/She will also assist with completing administrative on tasks, including reviewing and consolidating necessary backup documentations for payment of purchased logistics services and conducting regular audits backup files. He/She will support travel and logistics for events and for staff members, working with the Procurement team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with team to develop have projections of number of travels/events carried out on a monthly basis in monthly basic.
- Support finance team in forecasting weekly funds request.
- Inform and provide trainings for travelers on DAI travel/events procedures and regulations to ensure compliance to client and DAI policies as well as Project Implementation Manual (PIM).
- Review and advise travelers on travel schedules to ensure itineraries are appropriate, feasible and compliant to project travel policies.
- Assist budget estimation for travels and events by providing price references for logistics service(s).;
- Coordinate with travelers to raise travel request(s) and procurement requisition(s) of logistics service(s) required for specific travels/events in DAI electronic system.
- Arrange required logistics services corresponding to travel itineraries including booking air tickets, lodging, catering and car rental service; and making timely, necessary booking updates to accommodate change(s) to travel itineraries.
- Provide travelers with complete and accurate logistics details arranged for specific travels and events.
- Establish and manage up-to-date comprehensive travel tracker/dashboard including update calendar of travel schedule details of individual travelers and progress of travel expense claims/travel advance clearance as per project policy.
- Provide on-site assistance for events organization as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate logistics service quality delivered by vendors through regular communication with Technical and Operations team members to seek opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in consolidating necessary, accurate documents for Finance and Procurement teams to process payments of purchased logistics services.
The Logistics Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager.
- A. Degree
- 7+ years of operations/facilities management, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience on a USAID funded project
- Strong office management and communications skills;
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations regarding project management, including project inventory, disposition, and operational procurement
- Experience supervising staff
- Ability to identify time sensitive demands & inquiries and respond effectively
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.)
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English.
- An articulate individual who possesses excellent communications and personnel management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Previous experience with DAI policies, procedures, and systems (TAMIS, etc.) preferred
- The position is open To All South African citizens and permanent residents or those with valid work permits at the time of application
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
How to apply
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS :
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on next steps.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : January 26, 2022