Functional Analyst - ERP/IT/HR
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Our IT team is looking for an innovative, independent-thinking functional analyst who exercises good judgement. This person must have a high level of technical expertise, be passionate about IT processes, methodical and be solutions focussed.
The primary purpose is to work in conjunction with business, system application and integration teams and vendors to enhance and solve problems related to the ERP and related systems.
Functional Analyst will be responsible for requirements analysis, solution mapping, configuration, testing, and documentation of the same, to address business requirements within the product scope according to best practices and statutory requirements. The Functional Analyst will provide effective administration and support for the Financial, HR, Payroll systems and its users.
Key accountabilities of role:
- Software Configuration, Testing and Support
- Support and manage interfaces between Financials HR, Payroll and other systems
- Requirements analysis, solution mapping, configuration, and documentation of the same, to address business requirements.
- The definition and execution of test plans and procedures
- Work closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility, support and user satisfaction
- Create end user reports and extract data from the Enterprise Resource
- Ensure the proper functionality and support of ERP, HR, Payroll and related systems
- System administration of ERP, HR, Payroll
- Completed a tertiary qualification in Information Systems
- At least three years functional systems experience in a technology solution delivery environment
- Ability to work with and utilise Sage X3 ERP and or Oracle systems
- Ability to work with and utilise PaySpace and or Sage XR HR/Payroll systems
- Strong problem solving and Analytical ability
- Accuracy, attention to detail with good mathematical skills
- Finance background/previous financial experience
- Previous HR and Payroll experience
- Solid understanding of configuration management and the systems development lifecycle with a working knowledge of script development
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to interpret end user questions and troubleshoot.
- Ability to test and configure new software developments, releases and upgrades
- Ability to convey technical processes and terminology into easy to understand language.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, technical specifications, work instructions, and software manuals.
- ERP Certification in Distribution and/Procure to pay and/Finance and/HR and/Payroll is advantageous
- Knowledge of MS Office applications required with advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; PowerPoint, Efficiency in Microsoft Windows operating systems, MS Project, Visio
Please note: The Cape Union Mart Group is committed to transformation. Appointments and promotions will be made based on candidates who best meet the requirements for the position. Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team, aligned to our Employment Equity plan.
Posted on 30 Jun 11:49, Closing date 29 Jul